My experience with the esk8 supply dual vesc based esc

Does the new vesc also have a built in anti spark?

1 Like

Honestly, I hope not. I want them to make a perfect ESC. They should just focus on a separate antispark

1 Like

Yes, @Sn4Pz, you can give your opinion after testing :wink:. If not, you can do what jujo did

3 Likes

@Esk8supply In that case I would recommend makeing a area for lights, battery indicators and such to be attached after the switch. You have any estimation of price yet?

1 Like

Honestly, with the ongoing criticism and critiques and builders love youā€™ve received, Iā€™m very impressed with your ability to take it well and move forward. A lot of new vendors or builders take the criticism as a personal attack but i feel like youā€™re using it for improvement and thatā€™s really all we need. Keep up the good work man

11 Likes

Yes, keep it up! Iā€™ve been very impressed with your service and attitude thus far!

4 Likes

Should be around the Ā£190 ($230) Mark, including the CNC box. Not confirmed yet, really depends on how many order we have

5 Likes

Yup, great point. Heā€™s clearly in it for the long haul, and understands that there will be ups and downs. Pretty much how you hope all vendors will handle themselves.

5 Likes

Wow, cheers for the compliments. They really keep us going! We got a lot more planned, hope we can get there :+1:

4 Likes

I dont know about otherā€™s opinions on this but to my eyes, the one thing that has been bugging the shit out of me since the beginning is those freaking color coded phase wire heatshrinks :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Makes the esc look like a cheap Chinese esc as this is what i see all the cheap preprogrammed controllers have. Without them, would give you an extra step away from all the others. Untrained eyes look for what they recognize.
Just my 2 cents and hope this takes off like a rocket :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Liking that for the sheer balls it took to post such a marshmallow complaint.

5 Likes

Guys cā€™mon, Nathanā€™s colorblind. How can you be so insensitive

2 Likes

Haha that should be an easy fix. No colourful phase wire heatshink it is :wink:

3 Likes

Shhhā€¦ It was supposed to be a secret

1 Like

@Esk8supply I dont mind there being color. Just that those three colors are usually a color code for wiring hubs to preprogrammed meepo esc or other chinesiums. You are clearly not in the same ballpark as you have custom functionality :slight_smile:

Personally Iā€™d say make them all one color. That would pop. Probably red

4 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

Cool cool

1 Like

Let the reviews rain on us. @Esk8supply people are liking you. Keep it up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Small update!

I now have around 10-15 miles on this vesc and so far so good! Nice and smooth acceleration just like you expect from a vesc! No cutouts on strong acceleration and the remote is doing great!

For those wondering I am running both motor and battery amps At 40/-35.

Will update this thread with my final thoughts once I do a bit more rideing on it!

5 Likes

@Esk8supply any chance you could make the wire layout more similar to that of the unity on the new vesc you have coming?

2 Likes