My Esk8s. A journal of sorts

Nope.
This is it.
My first rodeo.

I do ponder getting the BN drives for the Flux if I end up thinking these are great.

1 Like

I’d definitely say it’s a different free roll than belts. Feels a bit chunky at a slight downhill.

Definitely more noticeable on straight cuts vs helis but you will get used to it.

2 Likes

I really appreciate this comment and insight.
This is something I had not thought of.

And the jb weld is a good idea…

I had thought about slapping some of my new lifetime supply of green loctite in there but jb weld should be better.
I may very well do that.

2 Likes

I don’t mind it being permanently attached, the small amount of rotational play bothered me a bit :sweat_smile: otherwise it’s probably been my favorite drive system so far.

I also wish the mount holes were a little offset:

gotta do something with those phase wires

4 Likes

I swear. I’m going to sleep better tonight because I am no longer thinking something was wrong…

2 Likes

Have you thought of trying what @sleepless did, using a 3d printed jig to make a new set of angle holes?

1 Like

I have not, that’s a pretty good idea. Huh, I already JB welded them to my hanger lol

1 Like

I meannnnn if you were careful could you theoretically use the mounting bracket as the jig?

(This piece)

Or do you guys think that’s too risky?
I feel like there’s be a high chance of destroying the threads.

Orrrrr what if you made the jig 2 piece so you could put it on the motor side of the mounting plate.
Remove the plate from the mounting bracket, and put the plate in a vice.
Then have someone hold the trucks as you drill it out?
Seems like a balancing act but might help :man_shrugging:
(I’m not entirely sure that made sense, but it made sense in my head :joy: )

1 Like

Hanger might get in the way of the drill itself, drilling from the motor side. Plus, ideally you want to really be sure those holes are straight, like with a drill press.

I actually like your “drill through the threads” idea. That threaded bracket has tons of holes, and you only need 3-4 of them. With careful planning, you could drill your new holes right through some sacrificial threads.

1 Like

Hahhaha, I think there isnt much YOU could do wrong imho.
You have build to many esk8 Boards, bro :hugs: :grinning:
You just need a bit of fine tuning i guess and its awesome.
peace.

2 Likes

Gonna try to slap the parts together for the ATV Ditch Life today…

Battery stolen from the Soft Crush.

4 Likes

I didn’t get too far yesterday…
Just got the Connectors soldered.
And the mount and motor mounted.
Going with the old BKB mount instead of the Boardnamics mount.
Let’s see how that goes. The BKB may not be as robust as BN. Hopefully it will be fine with the ollies.

3 Likes

Had some good help this morning so I got it all taped up.

Same exact drive train as the Dinghy.

Going to get with a kid at work about 3d printing enclosures for both of them.

5 Likes

I like how low profile those mounts are. Always had to use 90mm wheels on my mini to get clearance from the truck clamps with the BN mounts.

2 Likes

and you can still get them for cheap…
note for them to work with the BN hangers i had to shim with 2 washers, one of the bottm and one on the back.

3 Likes

Welp.

Today was an epic esk8 day.

We went on a 37 miles round trip. From our driveway to a little hang out on the Missouri river and back.

Stoping at a couple playgrounds on the way.

I even broke a chain on the way back.
The bolts holding down the chain sprocket came loose… Caused the sprocket to come way off alignment and caused the #25h chain to pop off on the master link.

But I had the tools I need and extra chains and we got moving in less than ten minutes.

My wife was pretty amazed by that…

It was a perfect sunny unusually cool 70 degree day here min Missouri just perfect for it.

6 Likes

After getting home from our ride I get the boys out of the cart.

The little one that is 1 and 8 months wants to get on the boards all the time.

So I get the analog Demonseed out for him and grab the Dith Life for me.

We go to the street in front of the house and he butt boards a little on the Demonseed and then hops on the Ditch Life and I hit the throttle for him and he loves it. Only going about 10 feet at a time and really slowly… But he is into it.

My neighbor comes out with his Metroboard.
The very board at the top of this page and I rode it a bit which was a trip.

Then I get back on the Ditch Life and start Dorking around with little ollies and next thing you know I managed to ollie over my old street board.
Which I was really wanting to do with this board.

So pumped.

20210529_192943_1 20210529_194022_1

7 Likes

First thing in the morning…

8 Likes

I love esk8.

Today I went to change the batteries on the remote of the Demonseed…
Only to become aware of some weirdness on one of the motors…

Something was dragging.
Still not sure what…

Replaced the bearings… Which sucks…
I don’t have an arbor press…
The sensor PCB was unglued…
Not sure if that causes the noise.
Or if I knocked it loose changing the bearings…

At the end of it all I battle hardened that can with milliput…
Will see tomorrow if the noise is still there.

6 Likes

My strait cuts still make a rattle sound maybe 200 miles in now, the free roll seems to just get better with miles added on. Really nice build.

4 Likes