My Corona I choochoo |13s3p I moondrives I 100D SC |

Did I miss the explanation? How did you break your ankle?

Just curious, I’m still healing from a broken + high sprained ankle from 6 months ago.

2 Likes

hit an aggressive unmarked speed bump and fractured it in 3 places. Also still recovering and will likely need a fusion in a couple months. How’d you break yours? Hope your shit heals up soon man, ankles are friggin the worst.

3 Likes

Oh man! That is rough! Hang in there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I tell my kids daily now: “be careful, your ankles are precious!”

I’ve been hit by a car 3 times (on a bike, in my teens and 20’s), never broke a bone. Six months ago, playing basketball was weaving through players, going in for a layup fast, aggressive, and landed wrong… really wrong.

I’m able to ride a bike about 8 weeks ago and that really saved my sanity! still limping most days, but some days, walking, it almost feels normal!

3 Likes

Or, have them do ankle stretches, and do whatever they please with their ankles! :smiley:

I do the stretches shown in this video daily, and my ankles have been good ever since. I used to do similar stretches when I used to run, and the only time in my life that I’ve sprained an ankle was a few years after I quit and hadn’t done such stretches. Never again!

3 Likes

FUUUUDGE. Ankle injuries always carry the most underwhelmnig stories…Landed wrong playing basketball…hit a speedbump… :joy: :joy:

nobody ever thinks to stretch their ankles. Or protect them for that matter–I was decked out in full body gear, shin guards and full face helmet when I crashed, and I broke my…ankle… :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

Ooof.
Ok. Ummmm how about if you…
Shit…

1 Like

lol don’t worry I’m almost there. Letting the last patch dry and then will sand and do a thin clear coat on those sections. The graphic peeled right off because it was plastidip and spar urethane. And it’s super easy to redo that. I essentially just patched the inside, let it dry, patched the outside, letting dry, then clear coat the areas. I’m sure I’ll hit some road block as soon as I’m trying to make cutouts on the other side of the enclosure because it’s much more steeped than the other one.

Truth. 2 years ago I was at a trampoline park with my kid for a birthday party. I went to do a sick twist flip and a kid ran right under me causing me to sacrifice land on my outside of my foot, simultaneously rolling it while jumping on it.

So to everyone else, I looked like a jabroni: jumping once and limping away shamefully.

I’ve never felt so much pain. It stuck with me for a few months and that’s when I knew I was getting old.

3 Likes

I just envisioned Dwayne Johnson rolling his ankle and it made me laugh

1 Like

Back fulls are fun AF… Someone running under you while doing one wouldn’t be fun

2 Likes

It was so bad. Literally my first step out on to the floor and I was downed. Kid had no clue I would have obliterated his guard.

2 Likes

Last patch (I think) drying:

Here’s what I’m concerned about:

I’d like to use this panel for my phase leads but that’s a serious angle there… :thinking: can’t tell if I should go for it or not. Once I make the cutout there’s no going back. Oh wait, yeah there is it’s just super fucking annoying

5 Likes

I like to write each letter of the alphabet with my foot by the ankle as part of my stretches before every ride. Only a couple minutes but it leaves you nice and loose for both movement, and I think can help in event of a crash.

3 Likes

That’s been part of my PT regimen for the last 4 months. Ive’ been slacking on that lately…

1 Like

Hopefully this angle doesn’t cause any issues

4 Likes

Why so you think the rear panel will be a problem?
I was wondering are the mounting holes for the deck symmetrical?

1 Like

it’s just angled downward quite a bit, but the cutout under the deck should compensate for it. Just paranoid about those phase leads into the MR60 connector coming off the VESC not being able to sneak into the panel with it angled downward like that

1 Like

I think should be fine. Although you probably want the cable to be as close as possible to the deck. You could make panel take compensate for the a closure angle. And cable point out in the direction you want.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be worried about the VESC. What connectors do you have on the outside?

1 Like

gonna be MR60’s

1 Like