My build, Mountain Board | SCRUB QUASAR DECK | IDEA M/MOUNTS | 10S6P 30Q PACK | MakerX DUAL (V)ESC | MINI REMOTE | FLIPSHITE 6374 NON BAT HARDENED MOTORS | SMART BMS CHARGE ONLY

My Mountain Board build. May not be pretty!

Flipsky dual 6.6 vesc, 10s6p pack. Charge only bms soon to be upgraded to smart bms. 15/72 drive. Wheels are 230mm dia.

13 Likes

I have seen worse. Who cares if it rides well and is reliable?
Shorten the motor phase wires. You have enough wire there to dry laundry.

8 Likes

definitely seen uglier builds but it looks good and looks solid.

5 Likes

Those belts look really tight - maybe I’m wrong tho. Cool build! Looks rugged I dig it

2 Likes

Function over fancy all day long. I agree with Taz on the phase wires, though. It gives me snagging heebie jeebies.

Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Looks good, good job. Im digging the Scrub trucks, epic level of DIY there :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Turn off that watermark :pray::joy::joy:
The board looks solid though👌.

1 Like

Jesus Christ that is one disgusting piece of foam you got your board sitting on. I can’t tell if it’s naturally white or if it’s that gross crack-pipe yellow.

Aside from that, board looks great! Can you explain more about why you chose the parts you did or how they feel? I’ve never heard of scrub at all so I’m pretty curious

3 Likes

No hate, just skate my dude. Solid build and may it bring you happiness.

3 Likes

looks dope to me - I like that deck!

1 Like

The foam was form my bed I slept whilst on living on the streets, don’t disrespect it man.

Went with the specs from @Lee_Wright tube channel he did awhile back about building a board, I think there was maybe 6 parts to it. So kudos to Lee.

5 Likes

I’ve already gone through a Flipsky 4.20 dual p.o.s, DvR chip and cut outs. Awaiting a replacement DVR chip and upgrading the resistors as well so will see if that can be salvaged.

1 Like

@maxmayer maybe you might want to reconsider that flipsky 4.2 dual you are thinking about. Saving a buck is great, but not when you have to buy twice. @MTB2019 are you running a 10s or 12s battery?

1 Like

oh no, apparently you should really only use 10s on it…

2 Likes

Looks like this was a 10s pack. Flipsky is always hit and miss tho

damn, they said they replaced the receptor and fixed the problem

1 Like

10s6p

1 Like

Shout out to @IDEA for the motor mounts.

1 Like

https://www.relive.cc/view/vKv24wrdBo6

my first emtb was very similar to this. i would recommend getting some ratchet bindings.
the old scrub boards IMO are the best price to performance .

1 Like