MTB is weak in FOC - what did I miss?

i mildly disagree depending on rider weight… I just went from AT 6" to 8" days ago…
20/60 on 6" was good for me at 140lbs and was about to drop to 18/60 before the 8" tires arrived for a little extra torque-y fun…

but instead the 8" showed up and I was at 18/62 which was decent at speed but shitty off the line and especially up a mild hill…

today i dropped to 16/62 and this feels like the sweet spot for me and a few uphill charges were more on point…

perhaps if rider pushing close to 200lbs a couple more teeth in either direction would help

190kv, 12s, FOC, unity
60/60 motor
75/-24 battery and still have yet to break 70amps according to metr.

heres me shamelessly whoring my video out again for reference :wink:

1 Like

Well, I can tell you that it’s not FOC - too loud. That’s the characteristic sound of BLDC control.

1 Like

My thinking exactly.

You are talking about a street board with AT tires.
I am talking about a MTB used off road.
I have and use both and believe me when I tell you there is a huge difference between the two.

1 Like

ah yeah…i got chu… I can imagine needing more torque for loose terrain and hills n stuff.

I just had a ride with my „street all terrain“ board. 190kV 1:4.4 6.5“ too less torque…so totally agree with you. Can’t imagine how people drive with 8“ 190kV and gearing below 1:4.
But maybe i‘m just fat, who knows :tipping_hand_man:

4 Likes