MTB Dreamin' How is it looking?

You can have a look here as well

3 Likes

Welcome! We leave all our money at the door on the way in and try to enjoy it all :joy:

4 Likes

I have a real problem with this… just last week I swore I wasn’t spending another dime…

2 Likes

I say if you actually use your board and plan on keeping it. Lipos ain’t the way.

I’ve gone through maybe 40 lipos and the cycle life is just horrible granted I don’t always discharge but more than often I do. I use to swap lipos for additional range but they’ll possibly eventually puff and if not they degrade fast so you’ll end up getting 60-70% range from a battery.

Which means you’ll be buying more lipos constantly if you actually use and ride your board.

Vs if you go Lithium Ion 18650,etc. Your battery will last for at least 2-3 years with no crazy capacity degradation unless a cell is bad (not likely) and if your BMS sucks or you don’t charge to 100% on your 18650 battery.

Not to mention charging isn’t as simple either plus you’ll have to use a loop key.

I was using a HobbyKing 350w 25A Power Supply (100v~120v) with an iCharger 208B+ and Parallel Charging Boards to charge multiple batteries. It’s also bulky when charging.

6 Likes

There’s always the discharge only BMS option for one plug charging and unrestricted Lipo power.

1 Like

48V and 62.5 amps. Makes 3 kW of raw power. That’s, what i call normal :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

There some volt missing for 12s thou :sweat_smile:
And a bit much amps, no?
I guess you charge usually all your battery packs at once in parallel?
That would be actually pretty fast :sweat_smile::ok_hand:
But a bit dangerous

1 Like

It’s for charging two 10S6P 21700 packs in parallel. You know, Baja :wink:

4 Likes

Mhhh naah naja yes, but
Lipos have there place in light mtb setups.
The moment you don’t mind about range but want to go as light as possible without to lose performance.
I would say roughly about a range of 12-15km plus there is the point where LiIon win in nearly all points over lipo packs.

2 Likes

Yep. Thanks Dexter. Since you you are not really working on much these days you should come out with more batter options… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you looked at eToxx?

1 Like

yes, thank you. and now i want a 500 dollar gear drive…

6 Likes

Both are strong.

1 Like

And you can throw three together to work together for 9 kW.

1 Like

Ok. So funny how this Love(addiction) for esk8s works.

I have found a loophole in my head to justify spending more money, so I can move ahead with this build. But I think I am getting by pretty easy really…

So let me kind of start over with a parts list.

MBS Comp 95 complete. Got it for 240 on ebay. gets here tomorrow.
Matrix II trucks. Rockstar II hubs. 8 inch tires.

Boardnamics mounts.

Momentum Boards Chain drive Kit.

Focbox Unity.

Mini RC remote(cause it’s my fav)

Maytech 6374 170kV sealed motors. (will run unsensored as one has a bad sensor).

2 Meepo ER batteries to make up a 10S4P 40T pack.

Pelican 1020 Micro Case for the ESC.

Pelican 1150 Case for the batteries.

So my genius idea(the loophole) was to pillage a couple of my smaller builds for their Meepo Battery.
I hope that with the 10S4P 40T set up I can get 10 miles or so of good riding time.

More to come as parts show up.

1 Like

Dont get those sprockets

3 Likes

Looks good to me but the momentum boards chain kit seems strange to me.

The picture he posts does now show mounting holes for the wheel hub

But the completed build shows Rockstar 2 (your mbs wheel hubs) mounting holes

I would suggest making sure they are drilled for mbs rockstar 2 before you buy.

And they’re likely not the best quality. I suggest ISO 06b chains and sprockets. More expensive and harder to buy if you don’t have a drill press but worth. (overion.fr) etoxx webshop) for plug and play ones.

6 Likes

I did check with Steve at momentum and their kit will come drilled to be plug and play with the rockstar hubs. I really would like to avoid any drilling as measuring and centering crap is hard for me. I did not see a sprocket kit alone on etoxx. Only as part of a mount set. Really I would love some gear drives But trying to keep it cheap for now. I had not checked out ze french. Will do so now.

2 Likes

Don’t waste your time with sprockets that aren’t steel

4 Likes

I assumed the momentum stuff was steel… What is it made of?

1 Like