Mountainboarding Questions (Safety Gear, Riding Techniques, etc.)

Featherweight springs to mind.

1 Like

~70kg with gear. :joy:

1 Like

That’ll do it.

1 Like

He is riding hubs probably. The gear drives are just for optics…

Pressure wise I do the same as @Venom121212 short check before each ride just to be sure there is no flat.
I do not take it too much serious that all tires have the same pressure.

3 Likes

High reduction meets torque. :joy:
I noticed, that I don’t need as much amps as I thought. :joy:

1 Like

30kg more than @Mainflow and 5Wh/km more.

Belt vs gears.

2 Likes

I’ll put this question here because there’s no other threads I could find on riding technique, that are specific to mountain boards, offroading, and jumps.

First, and most important - What’s the best way to learn how to wheelie?? :motorcycle:

As I’m doing less building and more riding these days, everything is starting to look like a jump or an opportunity to try something dumb.

After seeing a few ig videos recently from esk8_rus (Артем on Instagram: "100 метров в максимально комфортном градусе - легко😱 #esk8builder #esk8 #esk8life #longboard #eskate #esk8squad #esk8riders #mountainboard #longboards #mountainboards #trampaparts #trampaboard #esk8 #eboarding #boosted #evolve #evolveskateboard #tesla #skateboard #go-pro #emtb #mountaibike #electricboard #маунтинборд #esk8ride #esk8community #esk8builders #esk8fr #esk8diy #skateboards") riding out the most controlled buttery smooth wheelies I’ve seen, I tried my first ever at a stop sign last night and immediately overdid it, flipped backward, and busted my elbow in the street. Still worth it. Would try again.

Time to get gud.

Who’s got tips?

1 Like

That’s wild. He’s not even engaged in the wheelie at all. Literally just straight up like a popsicle stick. Almost looks like self balancing its so smooth :exploding_head:

High motor amps is a must but I always worry about punching it too much and tipping back. Realistically, I don’t think I can lift the 12s9p high enough to tip back without getting a hernia.

3 Likes

I took half my battery out so I was running 12s2p and it came up too quick! Gotta find that equilibrium point.

Although all my electronics are in my center box. If you’re running a rear esc, I imagine that would help the CG and stability

3 Likes

maybe practice bmx bike manuals? or really non-powered mtb manuals would be a good place to start.

lol

more like it

Shit this is genius! This is exactly what I was looking for. Time to build a manual machine - this is a great way to find the equilibrium point, no matter if it’s powered or not.

Bike tube as flip-catch is genius. Gives you some give.

1 Like

What this made me think of is how if you were riding a mtb with self balancing app switching it would look totally astounding to see someone going down the road doing a nose manual.

Kinda superman style riding.

@NuRxG +1 more bump for on the fly app switching