Mountainboard decks with urethane - share your build

For some reason I’ve always liked the idea of putting urethane on a Mountainboard Deck. I think it’s partly aesthetics, and also the wider wheelbase when using RKP trucks (in comparison to a deck without angled tabs).

My build
Deck: Tomiboi 35in MTB deck
Trucks: Boardnamics 270 with adjustable baseplates
Motor mounts: Boardnamics xl with idlers
Motors: BKB 6384 190
Battery: 12s8p P42a, top mounted for ground clearance (also top mounted so I can easily swap this battery for my other MTB pneumatic build) #twoboardsonebattery
ESC: BKB Xenith, 3DS unibox

Anyway, I thought it would be cool to start a thread to see everyone else’s MTB build with urethane.

Let’s see em

14 Likes

This is you rn

17 Likes

Probably corners really well!

Not Urethane but Tim (@Sender) made a kickarse board with stooge wheels back a while.

1 Like

I’ve got some Venom Magnums I’d like to put on my winged Tramp Carver at some point unless someone buys those wheels off me.

2 Likes

I once had a dream to run a Kaly winged deck with cloudwheels. An offroad-capable street board, something like that. Shame that IWonder never solved the core failing issue properly.

1 Like

11 Likes

I like the wheels to protect the motor mounts.

Also very interesting how you managed to screw up your wheel (pun intended)

5 Likes

its kinda disgusting u know

11 Likes

18 Likes

@Snowhiter how you like those wheels? Do you have the TB 110s?

2 Likes

@Snowhiter this is a really nice looking vehicle

4 Likes

Here are some pics of my flux v1 with cnc’ed 10mm axles put in the mbs matrix II trucks.

14 Likes

I loved this build, it was able to take both tb110 and bergs without any modification

9 Likes

I really like 'em - well, in saying that, they’re easily as good as the TB 110 72A’s and the 100mm Boa’s but probably better - on my Evo where I briefly tested them out

On the Proto in the photo (lol - couldn’t resist) they’re the first and only Urethane and it really is shake rattle and roll cos it’s so low to the ground with no risers and I haven’t pushed their limits but I’m just a sucker for White Wheels.

Would I buy the Green Zoobomb 111’s = No, but yep, I would recommend these !
A small chunk though has already been chewed up from the outer edge which is kinda odd as that hasn’t happened to other wheels but I put Urethane through Hell on these fucked up London streets.

@JJHoyt I could possibly retract the above paragraph if you could send me another set - foc - obvs cos I actually do love em :grinning:

@b264 Thanx a lot - I think so too !

@wapkoen Yeah - I remember seeing your post quite some time ago - that was great - I would like to know more about that 12 down to 10mm process as I had heard that it couldn’t be done.

@Plurf Yes - I really like the Convex deck and a good photo can say it all - which yours does brilliantly

@Jagden Snap ! Is that yours ?

@andoug Great thread - My Proto made it here

@BigBen It was my temporary month long stint on Land Surf Wheels (not their fault tho) and damn pneumatics (I hate tyres) that broke my Hip, not the battery cut out alone, so it’s soooo good being back on Urethane although I’m quite sure - it’s a different kettle of fish entirely with the bindings you off-roaders love :wink:
I shall search around for Senders board photo

4 Likes

I think it’s a super dope concept, but the ground clearance makes me anxious, considering how these decks tend to bend.

I had the same idea, just putting Cloudwheels/similar on for being able to use it as a street board with super long distance. I quickly discarded that idea though lol

Mine! :slight_smile: btw, what bearings did u use and did u use any risers ?

No need, there’s a few here.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfYFCABYPe/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

2 Likes