Mountain Board Deck Help!

Hi all, I have 2 MTB decks I got for a killer deal with bindings. Now… What’s the difference between the two and which should I keep and which should I sell? (offer me :stuck_out_tongue: ) MBS Atom 90-f1 and MBS Atom 95-f1. Can’t find info on these particular models.

Those decks are both tipped at 20° and not really mtb trucks. More of a hybrid on and light offroad deck.

I started with one of those setups and found it costly in the long run.

One of those trucks snapped under me while I was going 30 mph.

Upgraded to stronger, real mtb trucks and the turning was awful because real mtb trucks want 30-35° tipped deck.

Then I had to buy a deck… At this point I had almost none of my original platform except the wheels.

Id start with the right deck or stick to on road only for these and be careful.

9 Likes

I have all the gear I need, and it’s mainly for AT/street use because my roads suck. I don’t plan on using the trucks, I just need to make a decision as to which deck I should use. Would you happen to know the difference between the 90 and the 95 atom?

2 Likes

5 cm length

3 Likes

The 90 is 90cm long and the 95 is 95cm long. You could get some angled risers and use proper mtb trucks :+1:

2 Likes

There are holes inline of the center, each 5mm space 180mm apart. They are not for the bindings (unless heel strap? I do not have heel straps). What are they used for? I want to use those holes to mount my enclosure.

I’ve got no idea what those holes are for mate, i don’t see an issue with using them for your enclosure.

Heel straps usually attach to the bindings, no extra holes in deck.

2 Likes

This

For all esk8 builds. Of all decks available I actually kinda like the trampa for robustness. Seems like a solid investment because you rarely see them for sale.

They might be for kite boarding. Mbs was big into it and I still see their boards sold in this one beach shop that is a wind sports shop.

1 Like