Motorized wheel-on-a-pole sticks it to electric skateboards

25mph top speed
12 miles range
11lbs

900 kickstarter
1300 retail

I don’t get it, why would anyone want this more than esk8?

NGL, i always wanted to build one of these

2 Likes

Mid 90s, in my early 20’s, I had to get 1.8 miles.

Only transport available, was a trick skateboard with tiny, super hard duro wheels on imperfect asphalt.

It Fucking sucked.

I can’t see any other use for these.
A way to get to the distant ramp when no other way is possible.

Only to be mocked into submission by the same douchebag who will steal it/smash it when your back is turned.

1 Like

If i can get straight cut gears im in

1 Like

I’ve often thought about making some like this too, except with a juice container featuring a hole cut in, on top of the pole so it would also double up as a fruit picker.

It can’t be any worse than the bungee cord and electrical conduit telescopic magnet I made for my bike once. The idea was that the giant N50 magnet would stick to the back of a truck, and away we go. Never quite did get it working as intended…

how would you disengage the magnet? :thinking::sweat_smile:

Brakes. It would only stretch out so far, and spring back. It was too heavy and wobbly though. The only hazard really would be something breaking and getting caught up with the wheels.

2 Likes

I wanna build this but optimize it heavily for size and weight. I don’t think it needs to go over 15mph

1 Like

This made me instantly think of the guy we ran into on our ride in RI with that skate stick thing haha

Yeah , meeting him as got me thinking about this idea

1 Like

Just say no to preorders, kickstarters, and crowdfunding.

1 Like