Motor mounts for DKP trucks (Evolve and similar), and Surf Rodz TKP trucks.

You could add extra holes to the clamping ring for more finegrained positioning. Like this you would reduce the step to 11 degrees without having to flip the ring.

And you could even go further. With 12 holes in the clamping ring you would reduce the step by another half, i.e. to 5.5 degrees.

Plus, if you position the holes cleverly, you could still keep the inverted ring trick for reducing the step by another half, i.e. to 2.25 degrees.

Nice mounts, BTW! :+1: Could you please tell me the dimensions for the smaller one?

Edit: I just realized that it’s probably not possible to add so many holes since the clamping ring must have some grub screws going in sideways, which would be in the way. 12 holes would clearly leave no space for that. Maybe 6 would be fine.

2 Likes

The grub screws prevent the addition of more holes, but I will think about adding 3 more, I have to see if that works :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

Ownboard ZEUS after the update :smiley:

I thought my motor mounts were just for building custom boards

4 Likes

What size motors are on that?

1 Like

They look like the stock 6374s from the zeus to me

1 Like

Is that the short or long version of the mount? I got a Zeus and the stock mount angle is too low for comfort

This is a longer version of the motor mount

6 Likes

@IDEA Is it just me or does a pulley fit right though the center of the hole?!

I only ask because I broke the tip of my 1.5mm wrench in the set screw of the pulley and it’s stuck. If I don’t have to drill it out I’d just keep using it as is

Does not fit, you need to remove the motor pulley

But I can make motor plates with a larger bore, can you measure the diameter of the motor pulley? I want to check the larger hole will not interfere with the recesses for the motor mounting bolts.

1 Like

Just have the slot cut out through the rear?

Totally forgot about this. Don’t have a caliper with me at the office. Would this be sufficient?

Yes, that is enough, I have this type of motor pulleys , I can check it myself, but I did not know if you are still interested in this type of motor mounts.

1 Like

I am, I just haven’t ridden much due to work and child summer care. Today was her first day of school so probably going to ride more =)

Since I can’t take off the pulley with the broken wrench tip stuck in it, I need a mount where I can work around it. Eventually I might drill it out if the motor fails.

The diameter of my motor pulley is 24mm, because on the other side of the pulleys has a flange

I checked, it is possible to make my motor mount with a 24.4mm hole, then you will be able to install the mount without removing the motor pulley

1 Like

got me sold with that “feature” :joy: PM coming

1 Like

Custom motor mount is ready

7 Likes

All set up and ready to go!

9 Likes

I’d like a set with the hex clamps

1 Like

Custom motor mount for Ownboard Zeus truck.

1 Like