motor manufacturers?

What are your favorite manufacturer’s for motors? I’m running into sold out issues! 6374 or 80 190KV’s are what I’m looking for.

1 Like

personally I love castle creations

Boardnamics (Flipsky) battle hardened is a good cheap option, Skyart or Radium (Reacher) are good high end

1 Like

Just for heehaws… spektrum makes a 6362 200v high amp motor… 200kv as well.

Also massive stator has a sale im late to the party about not buying but idk mixed opinions.

I just went with skyart. I like them alot.

1 Like

thanks ya all

1 Like

Damn, thats expensive… ratings say 48A… and it’s sensorless.

3 Likes

Not that one hang on

It is that one specs are different everywhere… i saw 60 amps and up to 200v

Same price ish can be found elsewhere

Does indeee say sensorless good catch.

Amazon listing is trustworthy! 200v guys if they say soo!!
Jk its kv

It’s because motors don’t have inherent current or voltage limits. Their limits are set by

• maximum winding temperature
  • maximum magnet temperature
  • maximum bearing/rotation speed

The specs you see reported will typically keep you in those other limits under most circumstances, but the motor itself doesn’t have current or voltage limits.

2 Likes

These guys (made by Saite) have taken all the punishment I’ve thrown at them for years with no issues. Turned off thermal throttling and just let them cook. Pushing 120 A per motor on road, hitting trails offroad, they freaking love it. I did battle harden them with epoxy so I’m sure that helps a bit but that’s becoming more common these days.

Wish they made a HV version that was the exact same setup.

1 Like

yeah I don’t think I could handle those prices. Dang like $800? I was looking at flipsky 6374’s yesterday and had them in my cart but now they are saying the motors are 200 each instead of the 100 they were yesterday! F…ing BS, it’s like trying to buy an airline ticket and going back the next day to find the price has doubled? wtf!

thanks for the option though!

Like em and nice but I have the troque boards motor kit bundle coming and think the max. may be 6380 non the lengths? God everyone is out of 6374’s on the web? I sent torque boards a message to see if they would fit and then I would get them. These motors look awesome!

thanks!

2 Likes

Like em but they are out of stock also? thanks for the option though!

1 Like

They’ve got a whole site of motors to browse

200kv 6374s for example :point_up:

You can also buy direct from Saite through their alibaba site. I’ve done rhis several times with no issue. You’ll have to talk with a sales rep to make the purchase though.

They got 2 left in stock. What youi think between these and Flipsky 6374’s, which I found in stock and almost ready to press but but got your response first. You think the Aliens are better? Another 10KIV to get to 200Kv but I’m pretty sure my stromcore 60D ESC will be able to handle them? your thoughts?

thanks!

Some Flipsky motors make some weird noises at higher rpms. I’ve never experienced it but it’s a thing.

Do you need sensors? The ones I linked don’t have them just fyi.

1 Like

I like reacher motors (Skyart and radium are stateside places to get them). If you want inrunners I personally am irritated by castle creations not listing very defined specs, so I prefer TPPower. I use them in battlebots and they are bulletproof.

1 Like

Last two pairs of Flipsky 6384s developed a high pitch whine after the first long ride. One motor from each pair on the same day. Its now permanently audible and quite annoying to spectators. Given that I’d go for 6374 Maytechs or pay a little more for Reachers.

Of course there’s also FreeRCHobby, Saite, Turnigy

1 Like