Motor Locked up

I was out taking my board for its very first actual ride, and on the way back from my destination, I stopped by the side of the road to rest a bit and my motor locked up. I can’t move the motor with my hand, even while it is off. I heard this might be due to a rock or a dislodged magnet in the motor casing, but I can’t really see inside my motor and would prefer to not have to take it apart if I don’t need to since I don’t have the correct materials. If anyone could help me with suggesting tests to see definitively what might be the problem, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Can you remove the phase wires and see if it free rolls while you make sure they aren’t touching? Might be a short somewhere.

2 Likes

I need to take apart my enclosure to do some work inside it anyways, so I’ll check for that while I’m working on it. I can’t imagine they would be touching because they were bullet connectors wrapped in plastic, but ill check.

You’ll probably need to open and search…connections and/or motor…

2 Likes

I tried turning it by hand, and now its working fine. I’m not sure what it is, but I’m going to take it out again later today to see if it happens again.

Check you retaining ring on the motor and see if it’s hitting the inside of your mount.