Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

Bere I was expecting some help when I saw my notification saying 6 replies and an @ mention in my thread. Meh!

5 Likes

:rofl:
If you can make the video work we might have a better idea :smile:

3 Likes

It works for half a second! The can is loose while it’s solidly mounted, so the pinion gear wiggles back and forth. Not ideal for gears that need to mesh. :gear::gear:

2 Likes

Maybe @Dareno knows whats up, he knows his hobbyking motors as I understood.

1 Like

Found whats wrong with the motor yet?

1 Like

Yeah. One of the bolts securing the can sheared. Now I just need to source a replacement and figure out how to disassemble the motor, back out the bolt shaft, and replace it with Loctite.

2 Likes

Damn that sucks, especially because you got the gearmesh set to the right distance already…

2 Likes

Was so stoked to run it for a total of… two frikken days. This of course means I also get to disassemble the other side as well, so I can check those bolts and Loctite them too.

3 Likes

On the bright side though, it could have been worse.

1 Like

Yeah at least It can be fixed, hope you will be on the road again soon

1 Like

Replacing one Steel M3x12 caphead with one Titanium M3x12 button head. It’s fiiiiine, right?

It’s all I could find on short notice.

1 Like

Conundrum, found another source just up the road from me, 10x Zinc plated Steel for 60c vs the 4x Titanium I have now for $6.

1 Like

Got to this point only to realise a circlip is frikken impossible to remove without circlip pliers.

really? @Scepterr just uses pliers i think

lol I use circlip pliers, but… in that moment when you just must get it off and no circlip pliers available, many household items will do the job though likely ruin the circlip
you can use the back of a knife to pry it and lift off the shaft

2 Likes

Put two small anythings in there that will fit. Vertically. If you have an ifixit kit, some of their small bits, needles, anything that will fit and is vertical. Then put needle nose in-between those two objects and open up.

Alternatively, if you have big man hands, just put wire/paperclip/anything somewhat malleable/flexible you can get in, one on each side, and pull w/hands/pliers :wink:

2 Likes

You can also use the tips of scissors if you have the right kind. You only need to get it out of the slot and on the shaft, and then you can work it off with a pair of chopsticks so you don’t scrape the shaft.

Thanks circlip freaks, I’ll get some circlip pliers today, not willing to mar or ruin anything. Love the thoughtfulness though.

@BillGordon I tried the scissor method for about 10 seconds, but it was going to ruin my daughter’s scissor, so abandoned that idea.

3 Likes

7 Likes

i have the nicest circlip tool money can buy, still ruin every circlip I remove. maybe the solution is a pack of replacement circlips

4 Likes