Mooch’s Bench Test Results: Efest Pink 30EF - 15A 3000mAh 18650…inconsistent performer, Samsung 30Q is better

Test Report Summary: This cell is an okay performer and its 15A rating seems reasonable but its cell to cell consistency is terrible. Based on the 30EF’s appearance, model number, and specs it appears that Efest wants to position this cell as an alternative to the Samsung 30Q. The Samsung 30Q is a MUCH more consistent performer though and runs for about 11% to 20% longer at 15A.

This Efest 30EF is essentially identical in appearance to the Imren 30QP. Only by using a 10x loupe could I see a couple of tiny tooling mark differences in the metal cans. In my opinion the Efest 30EF and Imren 30QP could be a mix of all the different grades of the same cell coming off the manufacturing line. This would explain their almost essentially identical appearance and their cell-to-cell performance inconsistencies. I do not know if this is true though.

The four cells I tested delivered 3031mAh to 3069mAh. This is okay consistency and exceeds this cell’s 3000mAh rating.

Four cells were donated for testing by NoSmoke AS (https://www.nosmoke.no). Thank you!

Ratings graphic: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Full Test report: https://bit.ly/3pQDfjF

I want to work for the community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability, battery and charger testing and news, and a say in what I test, then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery and device tests | Patreon.

These tests only note my personal ESTIMATED ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, Molicel, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of property damage, personal injury, or even death. They are not supposed to be used outside of a fully protected battery pack and you use them at your own risk. Never exceed the battery’s true continuous current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

Any rating in my ratings tables can change at any time as different grade cells appear on the market, we get swamped with fakes, or new information becomes available to me. Please, never assume that the ratings in the tables are permanent and will never change! Always download the latest version before considering any cell purchase.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/

8 Likes