Mooch’s Bench Test Results: BAK N21700CG-50 – 15A 5000mAh 21700…decent performer, equal to Samsung 50E3

I recommend it. I set the battery current limit to 25a/side, so 50a total. I tested it once and never pulled more than 40 on street riding includin heavy hills.

Performance wise, these BAK cell are doing as well as the 50G cells I used for a similar configuration, 8P.

I like it. Keeping 8p or more and a pack limit of 50ish seems to allow you to dig deep into a charge and get nice usable mileage.

2 Likes

The Samsung 50S is great but expensive and hard to get.
This BAK performs a bit better than the Samsung 50E. This cell and the 50E3 are about the same.

The thing about Li-ion cells though is that there are no miracles. For a particular use they’re all going to be about the same, just slight differences in performance. Every company has to work with the same Li-ion technology limitations and can’t really create a cell that performs much better than the others without creating a cell that’s too expensive to buy.

5 Likes

this is what my large frame really wants…

but nonetheless…
I am excited about this cell… and it is nice that at least today seems you can buy it.

I sure do appreciate all of your insight.

2 Likes

Welp,

Thanks as always you enabling sons of guns… @Battery_Mooch @TheBoardGarage

Enclosure ordered along with 108 of these bad boys…

3 Likes

what do you weigh?
what motors?
what gearing? tires?
what motor amps?

190lbs
Flispky BH 6374 190kv
15/72 with 7" Evolves
I think…65/-65

1 Like

Grazie Mile.

at probably 220-225 with gear I will have to pump a bit more amps through…
I am running on TB 6380 190kvs.
at 14/72 now. but actually want to go 15/72.
8 ok inch Kendas on hell cat wides …

4 Likes

jeez.
talk about procrastination…

pack got done today…

I think I’ll set battery max to 65 or 70…

3 Likes