Monitoring individual cell voltages (Smart BMS, Balance charger)

Hmm. After just spending 20 bucks on that connector, I have realised that it’s probably gonna be pretty hard to protect it from water :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think they are a little bulky, too much for me.

@glyphiks I thought about this, too. My idea was to just make a 3D-printed male part that slides in your panel mount female, with a rubber around it.

Edit: Found a cap with the same seller, but not sure if it’s compatible with this version. Will ask the seller.
Link (remember that I dunno if it’s compatible): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000411278435.html

1 Like

@glyphiks Got a reply from the seller, they have caps for the panel mount and the plug.

Panel mount (the one you will likely want):
https://aliexpress.com/item/4000731411433.html

Plug:
https://aliexpress.com/item/33001556818.html

2 Likes

Cheers mate :call_me_hand: yeah i got one. My $20 plug turned into a $35 plug :man_facepalming:

This better be the fucking bees knees of plugs.

3 Likes

How’d you do that? Mine cost only €20 with that panel mount dust cap…

35aud

1 Like

These smartbms, I dunno what it’s doing. The rate of drain sometimes jumps up. I’m glad I have these graphs…

2 Likes

Cells at 4.07-ish and app said it’s only 68%.
The cells are sanyo NCR20700B 4250mAh 15a.
I assume designed capacity means the total ampere (4250*4 =17000 or 17 Ah for a 12s4p)and battery cycle capacity is the capacity of each cells which is 4250mAh. What am I doing wrong?

Probably making wrong assumptions.

Google xiaoxiang "designed capacity" "cycle capacity". First link.

3 Likes

Thank you sir. That fixed the issue.

1 Like

I just wired up my LLT smart BMS and I am having the exact same issue - all seems well, but it won’t read any data from the BT module. I did not short anything to my knowledge.
Tried disconnecting the BT module, reinstalling the app, etc.

Also, I noticed it makes a high pitched noice when it’s connected. I assume that’s normal?

Edit: This is on iOS app, 12s, all cell voltages at 3.69V

3 Likes

I contacted the Ebay seller. They are very responsive though their English is hard to understand.
Highlight of the conversation:

Suuuure, sounds legit. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, I tried all of those and nothing worked, I even tried to add a new BT module but no success.
It’s super weird what is causing this, maybe it’s software.
It used to work really well for me until one day it just stopped working. (Then the short happened after I was trying to manipulate my thing).
Now, there is a new BMS on it’s way to see if it’s going to fix the issue.

1 Like

Did that happen to you on iOS, too? I’ll try with android tomorrow to see if that does anything.

1 Like

Yes, the glitch is on ios. One day, I was writing settings on the BMS and it somewhat timed out, and then when I tried to restart the app, it became like this.

Android works perfectly fine, but I don’t really use an android phone, so it’s a bit annoying to carry one around just for the BMS.

But having a Smart BMS is super useful to detect stuff like this, I opened my enclosure and found out that a balance wire got disconnected.

4 Likes

I can live with a dedicated android phone to troubleshoot stuff. Hopefully it’s just iOS that’s bugging.

1 Like

Well, I also tried to contact the Ios developer for this app, and he couldn’t help much either.

1 Like

Well now my app is saying I have 86% at 3.87 voltage. I thought I fixed the issue but turn out I didn’t. I just want the app to display correctly…

Didn’t you say your pack capacity is 17 Ah? Why did you set it to 4250 mAh then?

So before I had it 17000 mAh for design capacity and 4250 mAh cycle capacity. It still throwing me wrong percentage. I then change it to 4250 mAh to see if it gives me a different number.