Monitoring individual cell voltages (Smart BMS, Balance charger)

That’s a great suggestion, I will have a play with it once I get it connected properly :+1: thanks for your help Jan :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Check the pins next to the temp sensor wires. You have there 2 small solder point. There you can connect 2 wires to it with a switch.

And btw you can draw power from C- too. It is charge and discharge on one line.

Last thing: there are some faulty ones from a batch going on. When you order 10s and you have a the small balancing plug (not +15s plug). Check it balancing works fine. It is possible when balancing kicks in the bms voltage on group 1 or 2 start doing strange things. I have contact llt but never had any response.

Example off this:

Balancing on:

Balancing off:

4 Likes

Ahh i see them now!

Right there for those of you playing at home.

Thanks Pjotr and @M.Hboards :call_me_hand:

Not entirely sure if I will use it now, but good to know that it is there.

6 Likes

Ah, nice! I never noticed those. Good to know and sorry for the wrong info.

1 Like

All good! You’ve changed my mind on how I want to set this up so we all win this round :joy:

1 Like

Relevant

1 Like

A while ago I saw a review on YouTube: https://youtu.be/ClGmMY0kXvQ

At 12 min you can see that the sleeping current draw is 0,5mA

@pjotr47: Have you never experienced 1 group draining slowly over time when not using? It sometimes happens with mine and I’m heavily suspecting the bms.

Ps: yeah the companies customer services is non existent…

What cell group is draining slowly?

Group 2

2 Likes

Same here on my trampa

I have to put always balancing on for some days and then it will be gone. But I am to lazy for it at this moment. It is the only BMS I have with this problem.

2 Likes

Worth noting, I have two units that I check and graph daily, and they do not drain any group more than another. Is that LLT, with xiaoxiang? My app looks very different. Maybe they screwed up the newer ones?

It looks like an iPhone app vs Android.

1 Like

I have 5 different boards laying with a llt BMS. And I have also some customers with them. They works all fine except the one in my trampa.

I have also had 2 faulty ones with bad balance circuit.

And it is llt with Xiaoxiang. On android you can download the original manufacturer app. On Apple you have only a app that is designed by somebody random.

3 Likes

Wrote the bms that it should start balancing at 3700 mV but I’m not getting any balancing at all…
Am I doing something wrong? Gonna try with the android app

need to enable balance whilst charging slider

1 Like

Found a fancy connector for wiring the balance cables outside of the enclosure. Think I will be using this.

2 Likes

Looks nice. Do you know what the current rating is though? Those pins look super tiny.

2 Likes

That looks awesome! Looks like it would be a bitch to solder tho… and bloody expensive!

Bought one for science :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah they look really good! I agree that they are expensive, but if they work good and look good it’s worth it to me. They also have the female on the panel mount. So no bending pins that could cause a short.

@janpom Found this, don’t know if that’s per pin or total though.

Edit: Also, it wouldn’t really matter for me I think, I will have one port for balancing like this and one 3-plug dedicated to the positive and negative. Balancing current isn’t that much…

3 Likes

Would be perfect if that is per pin, but at the size I dunno.

I asked the seller if they could let me know the per pin rating. Will update when i hear back.

3 Likes