Molicel Battery packs

Wondering have anyone ever tried building a pack with these. Specs and price seems pretty nice compared to The Samsung 40Ts. Please give some feedback

I was planning on using them instead of the 40t but they are a little bit bigger and won’t fit in the enclosure

hi, so i cant create a topic so i was just gonna ask a question here, i have a battery left from a previous scooter and was wondering if theres any way to mount it into the electric skateboard ? its a lot more powerful than the one the skate comes with thx

(cant post imgur link rip)

It has to be the same voltage

they are both the same voltage 36V im just not sure how im supposed to connect it, it also says on the scooter battery that it has 380 watt-hour voltage (Wh) which i think is way better than what the board comes with

Are they wider or longer than 40Ts? or both? weird how they wouldn’t match the label size. I’d expect that of motors but not cells.

just had somebody ask me about building a 12s4p with these.

3 Likes

Wider

i saw a youtuber who built battery packs with tesla batteries instead, they seemed to work good but im kinda noob so idk

Best damn cells out there.

You won’t be disappointed

6 Likes

Excuse me fine sir. Where did you get those nickle plates/strips?

2 Likes

Friend cad designed. I tweaked it.

I bought nickel from China by the roll
. Had then cut at machine shop.

7 Likes

These are the best cells out at the moment it would seem

2 Likes

The 40t is 21mm wide and Molicel 21.2mm so not a huge difference, the cell but also the wrapping is slightly wider on the Molicel. I mean most 18650 are 18.3mm wide and not 18mm so there is that.

7 Likes

I have a 12s6p molicel p42a battery pack … you will have many amps to squize.

3 Likes

Sorry, I was expecting a major difference, not tenths of millimeters. But I guess if you’re trying to cram them into limited space it can add up.

1 Like

but they are a little bit bigger and won’t fit in the enclosure

21mm diameter, 70mm tall, to be precise. Thus 21700 type cell.

Up to 21.7mm diameter according to spec. And I have measured some around 21.3-21.5

5 Likes

21.7mm
70mm

2 Likes

Huh interesting. Yeah I guess making the battery bigger makes you able to cram more goodies into it.

Compared to a 40T its about 5% more volume and 5% more capacity, sounds about right to me

5 Likes