Mini remote ppm patchy signal

I am getting patchy signals where the mini remote disconnects then reconects straight away
Even when the receiver is out the enclosure I still have this problem

Please help

Fresh Batteries?

Edit try fresh alkaline. Not rechargeable.

3 Likes

Will try

Also does it matter that the wire from the vesc to the receiver is a very long one

come join us here. we are having fun :joy:

SO replaced wire and batteries and the signal is even worse I guess I need a new receiver

Ive seen this around but donā€™t know the reliability of it but you could try adding a ferrite bead to the cable.

1 Like

What exactly is that

So come to conclusion that receiver is broken

Was wondering if I could use any 2.4ghz receiver or has to be for this remote

Also could anyone link one

There are some linked in the thread.

I have run across bad receivers before, but they didnā€™t have these symptoms. Not saying itā€™s not broken. Those bad receivers Iā€™ve come across USUALLY donā€™t work or power on once the bind plug is pulled.

2 Likes

So sometimes it decides to power up and often it doesnā€™t I have to put in the cable a couple times before it powers on

Also do you know where I can and buy just the receiver from

Itā€™s in that thread in post 1. I donā€™t want to put the link here again in case it changes, then it only has to be changed in 1 place.

4 Likes

Sounds like a bad cable. You say you tried more than 1 cable?

The remotes are cheap on ebay/aliexpress, about $25-30usd. Theyā€™re sold split, about $15 each, but I dunno itā€™s so cheap, and good to have spares, no?

wow this is the cheapest Iā€™ve ever seen

Might have to grab a few.

ebay UK search link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=2.4+Ghz+Mini+Remote+Controller+Receiver+for+Electric+Skateboard+Longboard+New&_sacat=0

Even cheaper on alie wow

Just software developer things lol

1 Like

Yeah so ordered a new one and I want to buy a cable but I donā€™t know what the receive rend of the cable is called
Any help there

It like an anal bead that blocks electrical interference

3 Likes

SO i need a jst-ph-2.0 which goes into the receiver on the other end

Anyone know where I can buy that

wanted your suggestions:

over last couple months i have bought tons of remotes and all have broken or died

vx1: receiver broke and they dont sell spares

nanox: charge port broke

mini remote: receiver broke

what do you guys think i should go for now

I see 3. Is 3 a ton?

These remotes are cheaply made, so theyā€™ll break with abuse (or just use sometimes). Iā€™d say get a few minis, I think they offer the best compromises.

PS Iā€™m doubtful the receiver broke, leaning toward wiring fault, which may follow you to the next remote.

3 Likes

so i ordered new remote and the proper wire so i will see when it comes

also i am looking for a reliable remote which has some other functions and preferably not trigger