Mini Pneumatics (5 inch tires)

if your hubs would allow for the additional dia. bearing seats and still maintain structural integrity that would be a positive selling point…

Poll is currently for lvl 4 members only. I’d definitely take a set! Especially if they came with spares so I’m not SOL when a tube finally goes.

Even if you can get the cost down I’d prefer to a pay a bit more upfront vs being unable to ride because I didn’t get any spares :stuck_out_tongue:

have the hub designed with either a 22mm bearing seat but with enough additional material to machine the hub bearing seat out to allow a 28mm bearing as well…

or by using a bearing adapter similar to what trampa has to offer…

10mm and soon 12mm axles are a real thing and 28 x 10-12mm makes a more functional future proofed hub…

2 Likes

I always buy, manufacture, plan for a minimum of 5 wheels at any one time… having a mounted spare wheel in your back-pack is awesomeness.

3 Likes

Ohhh i wasn’t gonna go that far, I too carry a fully inflated spare in my backpack ready to be swapped in case of any flats.

Been meaning to mount it off the back Jeep Style for a while.

4 Likes

And there is also 638 bearings (8x28x9)

2 Likes

k00l… I just foresee many more people upgrading from skateboard bearings to larger hub bearings to support 10mm or even 12mm axles in the future…

4 Likes

It’s a big diameter change compared to 6inch for pneumatics. Based on the picture, I’m not sure there’s enough sidewalk.

Might need a smaller hub design

Dude, the Baja had 10 inch tires on a one piece hub. Those things were a fucking nightmare to change. 5 inch would be damn near impossible

4 Likes

agreed… I can’t imagine a scenario where you could skinny on a 5" tire like @Bavioze posted over an esk8board hub… the wheels(hubs) are designed completely different, and the low sidewall would preclude normal installation…

I have pondered at times making a bead-lock hub for an esk8 and have it in CAD… it would be a dream to install a tire/tube on a bead-lock… hey… I’m trademarking and copywriting that concept right here right now may 11 2020 10:39pm ca. time…

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I have not given up, lol. We are still exploring tire options.

I have found two potential solutions, I will update when I have more information.

Thanks again for the interest, I am going to make this happen!

8 Likes

Hah i followed this thread aswell, very interesting thread. I am wondering what you mean about me :). I have no idea if its good or bad heh

1 Like