MINI MIDNIGHT - Landyachtz Switch Eagle 35 /// Dickyho Airless All Terrain Kit /// 190kv 6364 Motors /// 10s3p 30q NESE /// Unity /// Custom 3D Printed Enclosures /// MBS F1 Bindings /// Moonbeams

Finally Finished! This is my first off-road build. Parts list is in the title but here it is in more detail.

DECK - Landyachtz Switch Eagle 35
This is a deck I received in my mystery box this holiday season, so i’m not going to count it against the cost of the build. It was basically free (those boxes are loaded with goodies). I had to modify the deck to prevent wheel bite, but that was easy with a dremel. Shoutout to @magharees for giving us the heads up on the boxes :smiley:

DRIVETRAIN - @dickyho Airless All Terrain Kit - $170
Others had already praised this kit, and @dickyho is known for cheap yet decent quality esk8 parts (Thanks for your contributions!)

MOTORS - 2x @dickyho 190kv 6364 Motors - $107
Again, since he is know for cheaper yet decent quality, I decided to try these out. I also noticed that there hasn’t been much talk about them on the forums, so this is my chance to review them :smiley: (one did arrive with the sensor wires mashed and cut unfortunately - dicky apologized though

BATTERY - 10s3p 30Q NESE Module Top Mount - $186
I purchased the cells from @thisguyhere and the module hardware from @Agniusm - Then I assembled the pack myself. Super easy, highly recommended, and a GREAT way to understand some basics about battery building and wiring. My pack was assembled in a box shape instead of a flat pack since it was going to be top mounted.

BMS - Charge only 10A Cheap Ebay BMS - $15
Not much to say here. It gets the job done. balance mah cells.

ESC - Focbox Unity - $200
Welp… It’s not in the build yet, because it isn’t here yet. You know why, I dont have to explain it :face_with_hand_over_mouth: For the time being I just have your typical cheap 10s belt drive ESC holding its place. It works for now (obv acceleration and brakes are interesting, but you get used to it)

ENCLOSURES - Custom Designed & 3D Printed - $20
With my purchase of a 3D printer awhile ago, I started to learn CAD and 3D design, which came pretty easy with my background in graphic design and interest in 3D stuffs. I designed some enclosures - one for the battery, and one for the cheap Ebay ESC. When my Unity finally arrives, I may need to design a new enclosure, or maybe it will fit in this one, we shall see. Either way it will be an easy swap most likely.

The ESC enclosure is only white here since it was a prototype, final was printed black)

MBS F1 Bindings - $25
I knew i was gonna need some bindings. Thought about designing some, but once i saw these, I was like “simple, cheap, sure”

@moon Moonbeams - $20
Why not add a sexy carbon fiber touch? They really help hold down my ESC enclosure too :smiley:

FINAL BUILD PICS

It earned it’s name because of the compact size and color obviously :smiley: here it is next to a jet potato 33

TOTAL COST
with UNITY - $750
with cheap ESC - $600

Cheers and happy building!

• Ryan
30 Likes

i love the grip job.

1 Like

Thanks! I figured with the bindings and top mount enclosures, all it needed was just a little glass :smiley:

yup! looks beautiful.

1 Like

This is lovely Ryan. I like how you thought out all the practical considerations and avoided pitfalls & expense.

That Switch was one of the lucky boxes!

Had to notice that the only reason it exists is due to my posting of the LY mystery box, so it’s only fair you name it ‘Alan’

1 Like

post edited to give some credit for the heads up :smiley: much thanks for that! Love everything I got.

1 Like

I was only kidding dude glad to see a build coming out of that thread

1 Like

Final build cost? Sorry I didn’t want to math it out. Seem like you did good to make a budget all terrain.

1 Like

i know it was a joke, but credit is due where it’s due :smiley: haha

1 Like

I had originally had it in the post but for some reason it didn’t save

with Unity - $750
with cheap ESC - $600

2 Likes

that’s clean as shit and cheap as shit, way to go! My first build is already twice that cost :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Solid looking compact build, I like it!

1 Like

Lol I feel that, I wish I could start over with what I know now…so much money on unnecessary parts

4 Likes

I think i have same PCM, 10S 60A? I could not get it to balance 7P. Left it sitting for 3 days and there was no change on high cells within 0.0x volts. Had to ditch it

Awesome job, Ryan ! * clap clap*

1 Like

Mine is like 10A or something super low. (I only charge with 2A charger and it’s wired for charge only)

I’ve checked my P groups a few times now and they are exactly balanced so far. Maybe you got a bad one?

My first was like 1k with $250 in extra tools and parts so I feel ya :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Update on these motors from @dickyho - no issues yet! Still going strong. I don’t know if I mentioned it but I snipped the sensors Off them since I’m running them unsensored bldc

Hi, great Build. How si you wire your BMS whith this jind of batterie holder ? ( 2s 3p ? )

This is 10s3p NESE Battery - you wire it the same you would any bms