Mini FOC based on VESC6

Someone should get a sample. Someone who has a 16S battery laying around. We could find out really fast.

1 Like

@YUTW123 Does that have a DRV8302 in it? How does it drive the gates?

1 Like

Its giant, cause it needs to handle and dissipate 20+kW. You cant make small shit for elephant power output.

Its reasonably priced considering its actually proven to work well for 20-30kW. Given trampas reputation on returns and support Iā€™d say since its the only thing out there available. Very well priced.

3 Likes

If it is ā€œVESC 6 Basedā€ it has to have a DRV8301 and uses the VESC 60 FW.
Otherwise it is something else and should not be advertized as a VESC 6 based design.
People will ultimately chose the wrong FW and burn out the HW

8 Likes

Which one would win in a fight with knives though?

1 Like

Fits @evoheyax rocket with 10s6p

6 Likes

Where do you put the BMS and loopkey? I would only put 50 cells in there

I donā€™t use a BMS, I do external balancing and monitoring every time I charge (Graupner Ultramat). For the loopkey Iā€™m not sure yet but Iā€™ll figure something out, maybe somewhere around the baseplates. goal is a deck with no visible switches and stuff and more or less waterproof/tight.
A smaller BMS would also fit somewhere after some modifications, eg. in one of the two channels for phase wires.

2 Likes

Waterproof does not mean it wonā€™t let water inside. Waterproof means if water gets inside, it wonā€™t stop working.

Water resistant means it keeps water out.

The best skates are both, but you have to be pretty crafty and dedicated to make one of those.

4 Likes

Yes, I know, you taught me that with your posts :smiley:

5 Likes

That new Flipsky enhanced AS has push to start and auto shutoff.

1 Like

Iā€™ll let you guys try it out for a year and if itā€™s proven I think about it. I have to feel in power over the main battery connection and those are black boxes like bms :joy:

1 Like

what is this shit your chatting? that is exactly what it means. try looking it up in the oxford dictionary.

waterproof = impervious to water. Similar:watertight. https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/waterproof

just incase you were unclear,

impervious = not allowing fluid to pass through. https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/impervious

ie, wont let water inside. ā€œkeeps water outā€. watertight.

water-resistant = able to resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely. https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/water-resistant

That means it does not keep the water out and in fact sometimes lets water in.

8 Likes

What do you suggest then, to denote the difference?

well the difference is waterproof wont be affected by water, water resistant may be affected by water.

Like you said the ideal is that your enclosure is waterproof and your electronics are also waterproof. double redundancy.

In a perfect world a waterproof enclosure would mean you dont need to wory about the electronics but in reality its likley that most enclosures are only water resistant so its probably a good idea to try and make things inside also waterproof or at least a bit water-resistant.

7 Likes

Exactly, itā€™s overkill for esk8, but Iā€™d still like to see one in a board.

1 Like

I can and would like to, but ,ā€¦ the price make me stop
(plus my APS motor is ā€œlimitedā€ to 15s max, but should accept 16s ā€¦ like the 10s that works 12s).

1 Like

Maybe a 3-man board with one big ass motor :thinking:

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

14 Likes

has anyone been able to upgrade the firmware on these? I have the mini foc plus and canā€™t get vesc tool to upgrade it. Itā€™s on 3.58 and need to get it to 3.62 to work with the latest vesc tool. The FW progress proceeds normally, but when I reconnect, vesc tool complains about old firmware.

I canā€™t downgrade it either to an earlier FW. Iā€™ve never had a problem changing the firmware on other vescs

EDIT: Looks like the "ISPā€™ button allows flashing FW, but how does it work? Do I press it right before flashing firmware, just once? Do I hold it down the entire time itā€™s flashing?

2 Likes