Mini FOC based on VESC6

1600W / ~50V = 32A

Even the regular Mini FOC can handle that, no problem!

2 Likes

Can you explain this then, on you site it shows the MAKERX MINI-FOC PLUS to have an 80amp max output, is this an error?
.makerx-tech.com/products/vesc?variant=32014926413937

probably a peak value, sustainable for a few secs.

Ok, thought so. So it could do 60 amps continuous? or have tests proven it to be less?

No idea, I’ve got the non plus verision and never ran it above 30A

Maybe @ShutterShock @YUTW123
I have hooked up two makerx mini to vesc tool and it tells me that im missing the new Vesc Tool version.
Im using the free vesc tool version.
Is there a way to update the free Vesc TOOL or do i need a payed version? Im running 2.06 so far and no motor detection is possible.
EDIT: do I have to download the bootloader first on this minis before updating FW?

Just go “buy” the vesc tool for free from the project site again. I think there is a thread dedicated to the various versions of the vesc tool somewhere around here.

2 Likes

Ok and before that better off uninstall the version i have?

if the version you have isn’t working…

1 Like

so i did the new download of the tool and now i have the 3.00 Version…
did the motor detection and no sounds appear and no spinning the motors but with a detection result of 5amps the motor :disappointed:
This cant be, bc motors are brand new

You don’t have to uninstall old versions

Weird that yours isn’t working though

2 Likes

im on the way…in a few minutes i know more…thank you all so far, bros

Ok thanks its working with the 3.0 version and i had some wanky connection to the motors…love you guys :heart: :heart: :heart: :100:
GRENG GRENGGGG hahhaha how i love this sound

4 Likes

Thanx to @YUTW123 as well for such tiny, great motor controllers.
The box You send out and the stuff and cables are awesome.
Great work, doooood :pray: :handshake: :heart:
Only thing to mention is the capacitors location.
I think it would be better to leave an inch space between vesc housing and capacitor placement, so it would be much easier to bend the power cables somehow, you know what i mean? I cutted off the heat shrink to be able to bend the cables a bit more to get a tiny wiring for these tiny controllers,too.

3 Likes

I mount an electrolytic capacitor to the top of the heatsink (insulated with fishpaper and heat shrink) and then just use 20ga silicone cable to connect to the capacitor leads to the main leads so I don’t give up anything but vertical space.

2 Likes

:flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

Häh? Sounds genius.
Im not that electric guy, doooooood, wtf?
Did I got it right? HäH?
Do you have a photo for me to show whats goin on…I can follow but can not somehow :laughing:
Edit: I got it, I got it…ahhh yeah thats awesome

2 Likes

Want to buy 2 or 4 esc’s and eyeballing this one. Any ideas when the Mini-Foc-PLUS will be back in stock?
@YUTW123

4 Likes

I have no idea. due to chip shortage

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Smallest ESC ever Go-FOC M100