Metr Pro Updates

So the dealy is time.

set it to 180 if you want the record to pause after 3 minutes without movement.

set it to 0 if you want it to pause instantly as soon as you hit 0km/h?

does the OG “Start delay” work with the pause function or still as its own “only first start of record” function.

Yes

Only first start. Unpause is always instant.

1 Like

Any update on shipping to usa? I’d really like to get some data

Yeah what happened to the dark mode switch @rpasichnyk ?

If you use a theme in android system wide dark mode is not working.

here.

2 Likes

Unfortunately no good news. All orders that we shipped out on 01. April 2020 via Swedish post don’t have any tracking update after 02. April 2020. So we have no idea if they will eventually make it to their destination or would go back to us. New orders to the US, Canada, Australia etc. will not be shipped before we know if shipping really works.
Looks like shipping to EU countries is still working normally so EU orders will be handled like before.

4 Likes

Got my Metr Pro today chaps, thank you!

7 Likes

@rpasichnyk

Regarding Metr discharge and PPM. My remote is GT2B, it is off, yet discharge still says PPM signal is detected. I set the apps of the VESCs to UART/UART and still, I can’t discharge. Any tips?

Power cycle VESC with remote PPM turned off

2 Likes

Did the trick! Needed to set UART/UART and power cycle. Nice.

Yet it only discharges using one VESC?

EDIT: Fixed! Needed to set the correct VESC CAN ID under Magic.

2 Likes

Because of my bad connectivity I now get paused all the time instead of disconnect :rofl:

But that’s a different issue

Killer feature though! :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Love pause, I now have less “inactivity” before and after my ride.

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk Duration seem broken in the Web-Stats.
and pausing is great.

Rode VESC FW v5 beta 2020-04-27 on dual VESC 6+

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk I love you for the pause man. I really do. The best feature for Metr by far, all I wanted. :smiley:

I kept moving my deck at crosswalks, etc. NOT NEEDED ANYMORE! WOO!

3 Likes

The Calibrate PPM remote function currently doesn’t work for me - if i tap it, the windows just disappears.

i also noticed that if i do the motor detection via metr the direction is reversed compared to the VESC tool.
(Vesc tool goes in the right direction via hardware, i didn’t swap it via software)

log_2020-04-18 (2).txt (1.4 MB)

Thanks, this is now fixed!

I think I found the bug, calibrate PPM only works when currently selected VESC is the one with PPM input. While I am fixing it, you might want to try selecting different VESC and test again.

i tried that, without success. I can try again though

i’m going to ride now with a remote I don’t fully trust due to the unknown battery life. I have my vx1 with me so i hope i don’t have to swap if the calibration won’t work until then ^^

Edit : well option b would be to swap the metr to the slave vesc and use the remote via uart. I then just need to brake open the housing to connect the uart plug to the remote

1 Like

Any update on shipping working or not? I’ve got a metr module ordered a week or two ago I’m curious about

3 Likes

Unfortunately there isn’t any update on the tracking from the packages shipped out on 01. April 2020. There isn’t anything else we can do than waiting for updates on those tracking numbers to see if it finally works or Deutsche Post open up to ship packages to all international countries again.

1 Like