Meepo Mini 2S hall sensor issue!

I picked up a Mini 2S from a friend for dirt cheap and ive been fixing it up recently. I noticed after I tore apart the motors, cleaned them, and repacked the bearings, one of the motors has been acting funny and behaving like it doesn’t get info from the hall sensors. Does anyone know the specs of the sensors? I plan to put new ones in there since id like to not buy a brand new motor. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I don’t have the hall sensor info, but can you grab the info or test them from the working motor? You should (i think) be able to take readings from the working motor for reference with a multimeter and maybe spot a part number on the part though it’s pretty small. Good luck

What would I be looking for? I also tried looking for part numbers on the sensors but the board has seen some abuse before I got it and they aren’t visible anymore.

Test resistance and rotate the motor slowly, should have a high and low value as it passes the magnets. Tried to get a pic: best I could find

Does it matter which pins i use to test?

Test each hall sensor to ground, you should look at how they are wired and learn it if you plan on replacing them. It’s simple but important. Test the good and the bad ones, if you haven’t yet - it could be as simple as a connection issue or a motor detection ghost instead of replacing the sensor itself.

This issue didn’t occur before I went in and cleaned everything. I reflowed all connections to the motor as well to no avail. I’ll report back once i test everything out between good and bad motor.

1 Like

Just started testing, tore apart the good motor and found a readable sensor!

However google is leading me nowhere, guess i still have to measure it out…

For anyone who comes across this on the internet, these are the sensors you need:

1 Like

Make sure to replace all three to guarantee a perfect working order :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome! Glad you were able to get it repaired

Thank you! Exactly what I needed! I have the Meepo mini 2ER and one of the motors stopped working after almost 2 years of frequent use. I diagnosed that one of the hall sensors wasn’t reading correctly, so I googled the issue and this page came up. I saw the Amazon link of the sensor that looked just right. Bought it, replaced it and now I’m back up and running!
I’m not going to lie, getting the old sensor out was a bit of a pain because it was glued in. I had to completely destroy it and chip and scrape it out carefully, but eventually I got it all out.