Meepo Hurricane Ultra Discussion

As far as value for money goes, i think the hurricane looks like a great board. Apart from the non balancing bms shit… that’s just lame.

4 Likes

That combined with 40t is oooooof. 40t may fix the welding issues they had with molicel though, saw a few with very weak welds that just fell off.

2 Likes

If it has no balancing mechanism I wonder if it has an individual cell group check while charging to prevent charging a group that’s fallen below safe levels. You know, the basic BMS shit we’ve all grown to expect.

I expect fires. Hopefully not before I get my hands on some of those rims and tires.

Also it’s incredibly difficult typing a post with such seriousness when my cats keep walking across my keyboard triggering functionality that I didn’t even know existed in my laptop. I don’t know what settings screen Garbanzo just brought up but it looked interesting and now I can’t find it again.

4 Likes

Do you by chance have a source on that? I’m not doubting you, it’s just not something I’ve heard of in any pre built and I’d like more information

I believe @TheBoardGarage knows more about it

@Egtscs Meepo Hurricane BMS alternative - #10 by Simeon

2 Likes

So what do you truly think so far?

They are headed to @fujio001 will have to see what he thinks, I love this concept, but I don’t know about the execution. Seems to me there is a better way than the 2 o rings used here.

Edit: however the benefits of a tubeless system are extremely apparent. The problem however is cost and compatibility. Not only do we need a rim to be designed and by also the tires have to be made specifically for that rim and making a tire is not cheap lol

4 Likes

Well if it’s like anything else esk8-related, I’m sure a standard will be adopted that is agreed upon by all and widely used across the board and companies won’t constantly make new, slightly different variations that aren’t compatible with others and keeps customers guessing what fits and works with what :melting_face:

1 Like

giphy

1 Like

Same result (no wobble) can be achieved with a really well made tube+tire+rim

2 Likes

Probably, but there aren’t many out there

This new tubeless is definitely one of my favorites in terms of aesthetics out of all the wheels on the market - so cool!

Another benefit of tubeless is the ease of use for balance beads

Same as with this tubeless wheel? Can you explain further, please?

I just mean, there aren’t many wheel/tire combos that are able to be this balanced out of the box

I just mean, there aren’t many wheel/tire combos that are able to be tubeless out of the box

Running over a nail is a cheaper and more portable fix on a tube’d wheel than doing the same on this tubeless tire.

It’s cool, It really is. But there are pros and cons to both methods.

They’re certainly cool. I’m glad to have them here, I’ll have to test them by stabbing them with an ice pick.

2 Likes

yeah true, as far as I know it’s most common in road / mountain biking.

For this tubeless a repair in the field would be incredibly annoying unless your slime is able to fill it well enough.

I’d probably be more inclined to carry an entire additional wheel to avoid trying to switch a tire in the field

I don’t ride in fields, I’m not a cornfield rider.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I like to do as well. Very convenient.

1 Like

Maybe you should try it out, cronfield fun

1 Like