Meepo Hurricane Discussion

sorry, i usually include conversions :smiley:

1 Like

plastic pulleys arent the end of the world, cheap plastic pulleys are.

2 Likes

true, i’ve seen evolve pulley eaten alive, unless they have up their game since then? what’s the material they r using rn? at least with nylon right?

my nylon TB pulleys have been beaten to shit over hundreds of miles and are still in great condition. I’d hope they’re using nylon now.

1 Like

Same thing with my nylon Bergmister pulleys, they barely look worn minus the couple bits on the edge that got broken by rocks

2 Likes

This is one of the changes meepo made with the latest hardware, I have no idea what this is.

It goes between the charge port and before going into the battery (bms I supposed).

3 Likes

I want to say it’s some kind of current measuring device or rheostatic brake or antispark

But none of those make sense

@linsus @Gamer43 ideas?

2 Likes

Could be a pack/charge port protector…overcurrent, overvoltage, etc. That thinner red wire goes to the charge port? It could be monitoring charger voltage.

It looks like those 80V MOSFETs are connected as two sets of paralleled FETs? If so then they might be wired drain-to-drain (“back-to-back”) to allow bidirectional disconnect of the pack from the port.

The left out the board”s input protection diode though. Hopefully they’ve done enough testing to ensure that ESD and any system voltage spikes aren’t a problem.

4 Likes

Likely yes. It’s a 3 pin charger

3 Likes

Thx mooch! Interesting stuff

2 Likes

When The Mooch speaks, you all must listen!

1 Like

Nope, nope, nope…that Mooch guy doesn’t know squat.

4 Likes

Mooch is on the money.

It’s a charge protection switch.
No clue why you need two transistors in parallel to handle a few A of charging current.

The lowside switching is cringe.

That’s a catch diode to absorb any avalanche energy from the inductive loop in the wires between the board and the battery if you yank it while its charging. At a few A and that short of a wire length you can get away with it I guess.

5 Likes

What bushing is that to have the extra part in the middle?

1 Like

I got to try the hurricane yesterday, and it was great. Board has the perfect amount of concave, it’s quick for a production board, but there are still a few problems with it

1. speedometer is wrong and meepo has no clue how to fix it (or so I was told)
  2. they gotta turn up the lingyi equivalent of negative ramping time. I dumped the throttle and almost went flying off. I’m used to my 0.5s negative ramping time which lets me do that lol.
  3. crappy meepo remote sux

no complains about the actual board from the few minutes I spent with it.

4 Likes

not sure what u mean, u talking about the black thingy? its function is to stop the kingpin from moving so it stay center

hold the mode button and power button on the remote, there is a wheels setting for u to correct it, but no one know what does that number mean :joy: by default it should 68 or something, which is for the 155 wheels

1 Like

This is just me recalling a conversation from yesterday. Our meepo ambassador had a conversation with Kieran about this. That apparently doesn’t fix the problem and no matter what it just displays the speed wrong

2 Likes

lmao, this doesn’t sound good, how can lingyi fuck up something like that :joy:

no officer, i was going at 20km/h only, look at my speedometer

4 Likes

perfect candidate for a vesc swap.

1 Like

I can agree about ramping. I’ve been riding it a little bit on speed 3 not 4 (It is really wet and cold in my country already ;/) and throttling (very gently) might throw you out of balance at start.

I think that one disadvantage about this board is customization. They have none. They don’t have an app, FW cannot be updated, curves stays stock. I think I will replace ESC with Xenith but currently I don’t have a free remote. I would use hoyt one but I want something with display on it.

Stock remote is not accurate, that’s true. You can adjust it, there is one option: ‘wheel speed’ ? with range of 0-99 but the problem is value. I found zero information about how to calculate it. This is some kind of weird constant that cannot be really calculated from the equation. Maybe someone knows how to do it ? Let’s say for 140 wheels.

My one tire is slightly out of balance. I can feel little vibration on right side but that’s normal, nothing unusual. I will fix it.

Except above few details, board is great. It is really stable for me with DKP trucks and stock bushings. Carves really good. Acceleration is setup really high (too high for me). Good buy.

I would love to have range test with it but my test not gonna be accurate with current weather condition.

1 Like