Meepo Hurricane Discussion

time to eat dirt for the rest of the month

6 Likes

Also, if it makes you feel better, I bought that Flipsky package. :joy:

3 Likes

Cmt you just eat Char Siu for the whole month? You are in HK …

2 Likes

Flipsky product isn’t bad, unless u brought their esc

Yea no, charsiu is actually expensive af, unless u like chewing on rubber like texture

1 Like

Here, we have “economy rice box” where you get 2-3 meat/veg over white rice for about $2 bucks USD.

4 Likes

I just found a local dude with a zeus. I can’t confirm what cells they are but I thought they were Samsung 48G. The thing was lacking in torque at the beginning (could just be throttle curve set) but the tkps felt really nice and stable. The dude who brought it hit 37mph on it according to my freesk8 robo and was keeping up with me for the most part. I was pleasantly surprised.

He bought a stormcore 60d without measuring if it would fit though so that’s going to be fun…

4 Likes

The problem with the Zeus is the battery sag. Even with the stock HW esc, i felt the sag after a couple of busts from stoplights in NYC.

The deck with the TKP is quite good…it’s still the most stable board i’ve owned to date.

2 Likes

seriously battery sag? I have a Miles Phantom and there’s no loss in power till probably 25% and it’s a 12S2P with Samsung 50E cells too. I would think the higher voltage and double the capacity would help out the Zeus.

This board is not really asking much of the cells lmao and a 12s2p is a tiny battery, it’s not comparable to the ESC and motors on the Zeus

1 Like

I was just stating that a higher voltage battery with big capacity cells will reduce alot of the strain from higher amps. I’m surprised to see someone stating that the Zeus lost its punch after a few hard launches that’s all. I’ve built my own boards and the Miles Phantom is no slouch on level 2 or “Ludicrous” mode. You should try it.

1 Like

12s>13s not a big difference. Take it from someone that’s built and ridden both for hundreds of miles.

there’s no point comparing a performance board to a watered down board that has long range. It’s like comparing a Tesla Model S Plaid vs a regular model 3/y Long Range

You’re the one that brought up the watered down board lol

I am surprised that they felt sag too but it’s a known fact that those “tesla” cells do not have as high a amp rating as the P42a’s

Watered down is the Zeus if you get it

That board is not watered down lmao it’s still better than at least 50% of the other prebuilts (spitballing here)

They are different options, both excellent. However, if you want to upgrade to Vesc, the Hurricane is the better option

Yes the Molicels have great performance. There’s no argument on that for sure. Zeus is a great all around board I think for most? Hurricane has a better upside and can tinker with lots of DIY parts.

I think the main selling points of the Zeus are the higher speed and the TKP trucks

Looks are subjective but I think the Zeus looks better too

Hard to argue with the hurricane price though

2 Likes

It has to give up some performance for more range I guess. You can’t have both. Look at the Hurricane can barely get 18 miles of range on AT!

1 Like

You can’t have both until you get into much higher P groups than these production boards haha

18 miles on AT still isn’t bad for a $1200 board

I must agree the ZEUS looks much better and portable than the Hurricane. I really hope they have some sort of sale vs the crazy price drop of the Meepo which is VERY intriguing.

1 Like