Meepo hurricane belt slippage

I’ve been experience belt slippage with my meepo hurricane, no matter how tight my belts are it will it slip under hard breaking, even with new belts. I’ve replaced the motor mount, and truck but that didn’t solve anything. My motor pulley’s doesn’t look like there’s any wear at all and I don’t think an idle will fit on mount. I’m using 15T + 66T, 365-5M-15. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks

im joking, but

Have you inspected the belts themselves? You can tighten the belts all you want, if theyre already shredded then theyre gonna keep slipping.

1 Like

Try replacing the belts.

I’ve replaced the belts many times, doesn’t solve anything

Any possibility of debris getting into the belts or pulleys?

Nope. Not at all

My solution on my hurricane with the motor pulley, wheel pulley and motor mount combo was just to set the tension as far back as possible in order for it to be sufficiently tight. Only other thing that I can imagine is that you also may have acquired your hurricane before meepo started including washers for the motor mounting bolts to prevent slowly denting the motor mounting holes over time from torquing the motor bolts down, so it’s possible that you’ll have to apply a lot of force to get the motors to slide that far back.

The issue is tooth engagement with the short mounts. Buy the radium ones, that will solve your problem. Adding the idlers will be an improvement again.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve thought about this. Though, I don’t know why this is an issue with my hurricane, but seems to not be an issue for anyone with a hurricane.

There’s nothing to it. It’s just two pulleys and a belt. It’s a common complaint from hadean owners. Just replace the mounts and done

2 Likes

Got it

15 - 66 is a pretty acceleration heavy setup on the Hurricane, and belts can only take you so far.

The big issue I found with the Hurricane was the motor mounts, if you need to make small adjustments, the bolts slip back into whatever position they have spent the most time in(due to the metal compressing/deforming)

You could try 20mm wide motor pulleys and belts to do with, but you’d have to find 20mm pulleys for the wheel side, not easy.

Honestly, you’ve pretty much hit the limit of what any belt can handle. Unless it’s one of these unlikely possibilities:
Bent wheel axels
Bent motor axels
Damaged pulleys(wheel or motor)
Incomplete contact patch(15mm belt only overlapping with pulley by 10mm for example)
Debris embedded in the belts
Belts scraping something and wearing down quickly

1 Like

My buddy had this issue too. I recommend he try 360mm and on his first few runs so far it feels 100% better