MeepHo AT | Meepo v1 | DickyHo 6374s | Meepo v1 Hub ESC | 10s2p | Long Paris Clones | 6x2 Sollids | Ghetto Build

The idea for this build came from @BillGordon reusing his old Meepo style ESC with his eLofty directs.
Around the same time the forestry commission created a really good quality path, a little sad since it replaced a ‘true off-road’ trail I used with my Baseboard a few times.

Didn’t want to pull apart a working build to make something so decided to raid my parts pile.and my much neglected v1 Meepo deck-swap.

I needed something"

• for light use
  • I could carry slightly dirty through someone else’s house
  • not spend anything on parts

I present the MeepoHo AT - ghetto Meepo / @dickyho mashup :blush:

• Meepo v1 deck - I turned it over so it had a concave rather than a convex
  • Dual DickyHo 6374 - from my parts bin
  • Meepo v1 Hub ESC - with the old v1 remote you can see the LEDs on lol
  • Past end of life Meepo v1 10s2p - total junk battery!
  • Long Paris Clones
  • 6x2 Solids

Results:
I used it for about 3 days and boy was it fun BUT only on that one path was meh on the roads but bearable the 44T pulleys it had before - it did overheat uphill at full throttle but I was proud the old ESC had anything like this in her lol

As for its battery life, it feels like a drone 'fun for 5mins then you have to charge again style I would consider it much like a drone, I get about 30mins fun then its just pitiful ,

since then got some 66t its really boring on the road and yet to test on ‘its path’ but its much more sensible than the 44ts I had on it)

on the back 20

on the front 6

on the one path this board my world, BUT only for 30mins at a time and for this usecase IE while I’m hanging out at my non skateboarding friends house I think keeps me social lol

I had a fall Wile E Coyote style, bailed thinking ‘that young tree will never hurt and I’ll just bounce off it’ I didn’t… I ran into it… it bent over… almost snapped then bent back slamming me to the ground…- full body amour in forests in future for me :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Gear gear recycling and nice crash ahahahaha
Btw how are Dicky’s motors?

2 Likes

The motors are pretty decent, really good value… used 3 sets so far and have loosened magnets in 1 after smashing can into a kerb, i mounted too low trying to give myself more clearance on my Evo enc… any motor taking a direct hit I expect damage, I will post some pics when I get around to open it, not sure I’ve seen any opened yet

3 Likes

You put it up! That’s a great purpose-built scrapper with an apt name. I’ll never have just one board, so the “having different tools for different jobs” resonates.

Really enjoyed that.

4 Likes

Inspiring. Never thought of posting threads about my part bin recycling. That stack was awesome btw. Kind of a lost market re purposing. Lots of guys and gals would be interested in cutting and shutting pre builts. I’ll think on it. Nice one man.

2 Likes

I still think of my cheap Chinese parts as eSk8 Lego, check voltages then slap them together, and your off lol

Its made me look at my ‘crap pile’ differently :smile:

3 Likes

I have been swapping crappy chinese parts around for ages. I have a meepo focbox hybrid or focpo as its affectionately known. Cool little shopping trolley. I ran those meepo hubs at silly amps and yea they got a bit hot…melt the urethane hot but fun. Its the batteries that let those things down everytime. If they put decent cells in them then we could really diy. I have killed more bms’s than any other part in those chinese boards. 12amp some of them. Righto

2 Likes

I was tempted to buy the meepo 30t battery with enc for 310$ for this and give it some flipsky 4.12 I have spare … I stopped myself and decided to build a one motor utility all weather build with it instead…starting to realize anything ridable increases my ‘Esk8 quality of life’ way more than Knowing I have spare parts just in case :smile:

Edit: You’ve got me started wondering if I can throw together a meepo hub build before lunch lol

3 Likes

Mate I feel you. Charger shit out for my only diy. (I sell things.)
Had just a stock meepo for 3 weeks. So fucking what? I rode that little thing to death.
I now have 3 concurrent builds going so that won’t ever happen again.

Probably sell them though

1 Like