MeeOwn “Zhong” 中国 Board | Ownboard ESC + Hubs | Meepo enclosure | old school deck | DIY 10s2p 25R

why didnt you make it double stacked so it’d fit in the enclosure?

1 Like

Because that would be no challenge. Lol

The real reason is that I am also trying to fit ESC and BMS, all in here. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Mission accomplished:

Cut up the enclosure to make space for the battery and thermal padded the shortened heat sink onto the ESC.

ESC fitted.

Dropped it in and used a ton of hot glue to make sure no cables are rubbing anywhere… yeah, I totally overdid it and then did some more.

2 Likes

Making a thick enough gasket was challenging, but it should be waterproof now.

2 Likes

Build finished.
qed.

Merry Christmas!!

11 Likes

How does is feel? Looks great!

1 Like

It actually turned out way better than I anticipated!
Even on the slowest mode it has enough torque to make you wheelie if you’re just standing on it, but does not go faster than what’s safe on this thing. Perfect for beginners.
On full speed mode it actually has decent acceleration all the way and gets to speeds beyond what feels safe on such a short board.
It manages right turns at speed well, feels stable and the kick tail is just awesome for really tight turns.
When you pick it up on the front trucks, it feels just like it was designed to be comfortably carried around.
I really love the deck, too. Just ordered glass fritt to finish the top. Thinking about cool designs.

I totally recommend everyone to build at least one (hub motor) short board with a proper kick.

2 Likes

I actually love this setup so much, I just ordered a YoFace Hybrid as a airline travel friendly board (as I assume DIY batteries might cause trouble).
I will do a review and comparison to this board.

1 Like

Is that a meepo NLS enclosure?

Yeah:

It’s quite good value at $20 - has space for a 10s2p 21700, comes with chargepoint, battery meter and even a USB charge outlet. also has all bolts and gaskets etc.

2 Likes

Is the bamboo penny any different to the plastic pennies? like lighter or something?

Would you choose plastic over bamboo?

I have no idea… I do like the penny plastics though and the lack of abrasive griptape.

1 Like

Range test in progress.

Top speed: 27.2 mph
(Possibly more if you lean into the wind, but it’s not exactly stable at that speed.)

3 Likes

Nice! you got it all to fit in the enclosure! =D
What was the final dimensions of your battery pack?

1 Like

Nice dude. That really caught me by surprise when you put everything in the battery enclosure. I used that case on a build and I sanded it and sprayed it with truck bed liner and was happy with the result.

2 Likes

Didn’t measure - but it was 2 rows of 10 18650 cells in parallel with a dickyho BMS on top.

Haha, yeah, it was like 2mm too tight, so it needed some modifications and gaskets… it was a pain. Not recommended. But if you need to fit it all in here - you can.

1 Like

Looks nice! No more Meepo haha

1 Like

Final results of range test:

• Battery from 100% to 15%
  • Top speed: 27.2 mph
  • Range: 10.2 miles

It was still running, but the ESC throttled it to jogging speed, so it was no fun to ride beyond 15%.
If ridden in slower mode and to the end, could easily do 12 miles. It didn’t have any issues with any slopes in my region.

1 Like

Zhong is finally getting some color and frit:

Tomorrow black will join the party. And then, some day, glass frit.

6 Likes