MBS trucks on non-mtb deck. What do I need to know?

Hmm, i guess rust is another thing in mind. If it’s in stainless steel or gonna be powdercoated etc, it should be fine.

Well shit maybe I should share my files. I made an assembly that needs welded. You can have the plates cut on a cnc plasma cutter or water jet. I also made a fixture to hold all the pieces in place to weld them together

hacksaw/bandsaw/anglegrinder and file/sandpaper should do it, no? Hella cheaper, no wait time? Maybe barbeque paint after welding?

1 Like

I have make 30° risers for dropthrought deck,
longboard with mtb truck,

Or longboard trucks on mtb deck ^^

(if someone want a special set for dropthrought setup lmk :slight_smile: now I got Hammock BP so …)

I can share a file I have :

I will upload it on TG :wink:

5 Likes

What deck is that?

An old Mountainboard MBS Atom 95 X customized:

it’s now 34"

:sweat_smile:

I should sell it to @pixelsilva but shipping kill the deal … (maybe I could keep it for you until Paris event 2020 :smiley: ? )

7 Likes

They upgrade them ! Didn’t see it !!

3 Likes

I might have been partly responsible as to why they upgraded it.

7 Likes

So time to decide on angle? Top mount deck what should I got for? 20, 25, 30? I feel being under could be better cuz u cpuld always supplement with a angled pad no?

Ok so gen 1 drop through angled risers are done. My friend welded em up for my. He used hollow rectangle tube for the wedge but I think a single piece of sheet metal would work just as fine…basically and angled I-beam. The only flaw here with the tube although it fits perfectly between the drop through cut out is that the bead of top plate touches the deck. No biggie I can use washers or maybe a small standoff thingy (words escaping my mind right now)

Thoughts?

11 Likes

heck yeah!
SEND IT

1 Like

What angle is that 10degree?

I have a set of OG @okp risers that I’m not using anymore. They are well used, so I hesitate to sell them, especially considering how expensive they were back in the day.

I would trade them though…a kickass hoodie, a decent single malt, a hot pink Fleshlight sent to Frank :grin:.

4 Likes

Ill take them :slight_smile: if thats cool

1 Like

I already promised them to someone else :frowning:.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Ill ask @akhlut about getting yo a set of his, they are significantly better for this application.

3 Likes

This is my post… sold out every time in my instagram.
why it’s so expensive?
strong part, expensive material and production costs.

3D prints and cheap design can kill you, be careful!

1 Like

Want to use RKPs on the prototipo but if the guy still wants them I’ll just use Matrix 2s

3 Likes

I did that with TKP’s, it works well but it’s really high off the ground. The ones Matt makes would be better suited because of the offset. It allows you to use RKP/TKP trucks but without the significant height addition.

4 Likes