MBS trucks on non-mtb deck. What do I need to know?

Love the animation. Don’t all these obstruct the screw path? can’t get the screw in?

I guess a wedge piece of wood would do the trick for cheap, with the caveat that you’d need to use wood screws to attach deck to riser and to attach truck to riser. Need to assess if it’s strong enough.

The truck bolts, the wedge bolts, explain a bit more. I’ve been drinking and am not visualizing properly in my mind.

Just the truck bolts that butt up next to eachother?

The mounting hardware, deck to riser, and riser to baseplate. Not much room in there for screws, nuts, screwdrivers, etc. I might be an idiot though.

I figure the ones from deck to riser will have the bolts on the inside of the wedge and you could use a crescent wrench to hold the bolts.

The deck to baseplate would be tricky but if you put the bolts in before assembling the wedge to the riser plates, they’ll be in place. With no room to use a tool on the bolt head, I considered just using hex head bolts and a crescent wrench from the side.

I’m definitely more concerned about the skinny side of the wedge. Not a lot of play room there. I can increase the height of the wedge without affecting angle but it makes the whole ride higher.

Would be cool to get it on a drop through deck though.

I need to stress I made this in under an hour and put almost no thought into it haha

What if for those of us with the tools… You tap the hole on the plate to truck… Add a stud from home depot (or something)and some red loctite and then I can have a nut roadside

I think a few of the designs offset the plates and cut out some reliefs for assembly. Maybe. Terrible memory.

Did someone try these aluminum welding rods?

If these work as shown than you can do a simple 4 piece laser cut of sheet aluminum and assemble/weld to a wedge.

Probably the cheapest option

For those who are thinking of other materials other than a solid chunk of aluminum. Don’t.

@moon we are counting on you now. I’ll get a set if you are making a solid 1 piece.

8 Likes

mild steel should be fine, eh? Easy to weld unlike aluminum. Is that the 3dservisas one?

1 Like

Yep, this happened to the rear truck only. Front is fine.

Someone got a set of 10 made on the other forum but not sure if he’s making anymore. I like this design,
the additional support helps.

3 Likes

Damn you’re having the shit luck with 3ds stuff. :frowning: And $$$ stuff too!

Looks like the weld was shitty…

Thats shitty

Took me some time to dig this up but I made a set of these designed for 3d printing back when I was first getting started.

I used ASA-X but nylon might work too. Used them for about a year with no problems, upgraded to metal ones from the guy @Linny mentioned. I can ask him if he’s making more if you want.

6 Likes

Ah nice! So you’re the one who made these, brilliant work my friend.

What’s ASA-X? Pardon me asking haha

2 Likes

Thank you! I went through a few iterations, the thread for that is still somewhere on the old forum.
ASA-X is basically ABS with much better layer adhesion and UV protection. This makes it noticably stronger, though you shouldn’t expect the same from it as metal of course. It’s generally more expensive too.

1 Like

Found the thread:

Somebody near a pc, archive this one please?

1 Like

This is the thread :joy:

1 Like

so i back at this, ive got a friend who welds, aside from weight concerns what are the peoples thoughts on steel?