1 Like

Just a dummy then?

1 Like

You know it

1 Like

Definitely not me :sweat_smile:

Definitely @Yeahthatperson and @poastoast for sure :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

I would like to throw my name out there, i have an emtb waiting on a battery, i may have a spare battery depending on what i decide for that board, i am in toronto, canada. We got shit roads, shit sidewalks, and shit winter. I am planning on hitting the pump track with my emtb once finished. And i have broken the 270s that i had on my thane previously just from what i would consider pretty regular riding, and my current ones have bowed and are just waiting to snap on a sidewalk bump. I go to work and back daily on my current, and ride regularly during the weekend in the summer. Destroyed my backfire from riding all weather, and am hoping my build in progress will be capable of really riding all season.

I feel like i would be able to break more yet i dont want to have to buy myself replacement parts :sweat_smile:

May be wishful thinking, but hoping to pull of a treaded esk8 that lasts longer than the ungoverned :sweat_smile: and being sent shit to stress and try to break sounds rather exciting

Also since im in canada, if i break myself testing some shit i got freeish healthcare :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fully agree with Al here. Honestly, total miles is probably just as important as riding hard for beta testing stuff like this. Yes, someone who absolutely thrashes their shit is a great candidate to break stuff in interesting ways, but someone who puts an order of magnitude more miles on their gear is doing a very different and very useful kind of wear-testing.

6 Likes

Haha I didn’t actually, I hadn’t opened the thread yet until lunch when windsor @ me, been busy!

2 Likes

OMG, this is the best! So great to see so many people straight up pushing boundaries. I’ll give a bit more time for late entries, but it seems like shortlist is pretty clear so far. Probably won’t be straight away because things are a bit busy at the moment, but at some point we’ll start some conversations.

7 Likes

I’m curious… (Assume we are talking about spring/summer/fall, AKA “riding season” in your area)

How many days per week do you ride, on average?

0 voters

How many miles per week do you ride, on average?
  • <10mi (<16km)
  • 10~20mi (16~32km)
  • 20~30mi (32~48km)
  • 30~40mi (48~64km)
  • 40~50mi (64~80km)
  • >50mi (>80km)

0 voters

1 Like

This question totally depends on the season. In the winter… zero. Spring through Fall, 3-4x per week.

7 Likes

Great point. Lets assume spring/summer/fall for the purposes of these polls.

2 Likes

Ooohhh, data. I like it.

4 Likes

I, too, break things on occasion

Don’t mind me simping for Joel …

I love you I love you I love you

13 Likes

Blue dog!!! Love me a heeler I do… the BEST!

You dont use heel straps?

2 Likes

Oh yeah :blue_heart:

In the woods or at a park I use the heel straps. On the road I usually just leave them loose and forward (on top of the main ones)

1 Like

oh god don’t remind me

Or do - this is the famous challenge that made me banana a Matrix II, ironically :joy:

Re watching this makes me really wanna swap to my jumper and put heelstraps back on

5 Likes

Thanks for the nomination but I don’t ride my offroad board enough to be a tester.

I will also likely jinx myself but I’ve not broken an MBS binding yet.

If anyone is Australia will break one it’ll be Dylan Bell who tests all of Radium’s stuff ( I believe they are currently using MBS bindings too. That right @Tony_Stark ?). Tas gets out on his offroad board a whole lot more than me plus he runs two MBS bindings on his raceboard (I only run a front binding on my raceboard).

There’s another local guy named Joel who absolutely rips around offroad, but as far as I know, he’s yet to break an MBS binding.

I’ve witnessed @poastoast do some crazy stuff on eboards so I’d be nominating him for sure.

9 Likes