MBS Pro II XL hub spacers

I finally got around to prototyping these, and have them to a point i’m comfortable selling to those of you interested. These are going to be lasercut metal shims of ~2mm width to fit between the front and rear half of the MBS Pro II XL hubs. These can be stacked to achieve effective hub width increases of up to 8mm (Longer is possible, but requires difficult to find bolts). As a result of the design of the hubs and the way that both bearing seats are on the back half, increasing the hub width does not interfere with the bearing spacing, meaning it’s incredibly easy to do. Increasing the hub width also fixes the non-center valve stem positioning as stock. The images below showcase a prototype 4mm spacer made in PLA, but the actual end product will be done in aluminum in 2mm thicknesses.

Images

The pricing is pretty rough estimates right now, as it depends on how much interest there is. Shipping not included, but it shouldn’t be too bad if you’re in the states. Rough turnaround time should be a month from final orders to shipping.

12x Hub Spacers
Description: This is enough for up to 6mm of increased width (60mm inner lip to inner lip) for all four of your hubs at three spacers each. Requires you to supply M4x60 bolts to replace the stock hardware, and even longer for a rear wheel pulley (I would recommend M4x80)
Price (USD): $35

16x Hub Spacers
Description: This is enough for up to 8mm of increased width (62mm inner lip to inner lip) for all four of your hubs at four spacers each, Requires you to supply M4x60 bolts to replace the stock hardware, and even longer for a rear wheel pulley (I would recommend M4x80)
Price (USD): $45

Additional Hardware Kit
Description: This provides the necessary hardware to mount the front and rear wheel hubs together with the spacers. You’ll get 10 M4x60 bolts (for the front hubs), and 10 M4x80 bolts (for the rear hubs with pulleys). The stock locknuts provided with the hubs can be re-used. Shipping for this might be a bit slow, as i’m ordering these from overseas to not spend 2 bucks per bolt.
Price (USD): $15

13 Likes

Nice :ok_hand: Can you do a ups flat rate packet to Europe for reasonable?

2 Likes

I’ll have to check, i cant imagine itd be super cheap, but hopefully it isnt insane either haha. If you really want a set and you’re somewhere it isnt viable to ship to, you might be able to just 3d print a set - wont be as clean or strong but it should still work.

2 Likes

That’s a good solution & would encourage me to fix it :joy:

Wondering if there is scope to add a bit more in blues to make a continuous surface for the tube? Otherwise there is maybe a chance to develop a pinch there otherwise would cover with a rim strip (like moto)

3 Likes

So as a result of the way the hubs are made, any flat spacer cant fill that space - my recommendation is to put the hubs spacers onto the front half, then wrap with tape or such to cover the gap before installing the tires, tubes etc.

1 Like

Test fit spacers are made and work nicely.

5 Likes

This is what i need !!

I can still make them, if you want a set. Shoot me a DM.

1 Like

I had thought it would be a better idea to put the spacers in between the 72t pulley and the rim , maybe thats just a different purpose?,

The result im going for is to have the belt sit dead center on the 72T pulley because is really is off when i use the MBS pulleys/rockstar metal rims on my Lacroix Barrel

1 Like

These are purely for widening the hub so you get more of a contact patch. If I were in your shoes, I would look for a little bit spacer type thing. I’ve seen it done in the past.

3 Likes

You’re looking to change the pulley offset, these are for widening the hub itself. You could probably use them for changing pulley offset if you wanted, but theres simpler ways of doing that.

2 Likes
2 Likes