MBS Matrix II Truck Mod

Hi All, I’m new to this forum so I hope this post is in the right place! I’m a long time Gravity Mountain Boarder. I have created a mod for the MBS Matrix II trucks and I’ve been told E Boarders might be interested in. It’s a plate which allows for a greater range of truck adjustment, it does this by fixing a flaw in the standard design. If you are interested please have a watch of an explanation vid I recently posted on YT. I’m having a batch of the plates made for interested gravity boarders, if you think they might be useful on your Eboard or if you have an questions I would love to hear from you.

25 Likes

Really cool and innovative idea man!

Is the metal bar the same profile as the matrix one but just made for loaded adjustment bolts?

5 Likes

First of all welcome to the forum :grin:

This looks interesting and I would like to try them, what’s the actual price?

3 Likes

In the video he said if he can get 30 sets preordered they should be under 25gbp for a set (2 plates)

2 Likes

I’m in…?

1 Like

I haven’t used mine yet, but this bit of kit seems pretty rad! Do a lot of matrix2 users on here suffer from lack of preload range?

1 Like

Does this help with your question?

3 Likes

£25 a pair

2 Likes

That’s the million dollar question, it is a big problem on gravity boards where they are too loose for a lot of riders. Do E Boarders how the same problem?

“have the same problem?” I am a native english speaker, honest!

1 Like

Welcome!
That looks pretty nice, I like that idea/solution!

Why not to drill the holes through and use the the „Spring tensioner“ screws instead off of two grub screws?

1 Like

Thanks! I like to shave as much weight off my board as possible, because you don’t need to crank the plate down as much to achieve a firm ride, standard pre-load bolts (spring tensioner bolts) are unnecessarily long.

If for any reason you did want to use standard pre-load bolts, you could always drill the blind locator recces’s all the way through. Don’t forget you still need the standard pre-load bolts to hold the shock blocks in place.

2 Likes

You never had issues that the plate came lose?
Everything should be tight up, but my shock blocks had some good deformation over time which maybe could cause one grub screw pop out of the fixation during a hard lean?

6 Likes

No it’s never come loose and I ride a lot of pump track and bowl which involves a lot of hard turns.
When the shock blocks compress with age you adjust the plate downwards to take out that play. (I would just replace my blocks if they were that worn, I view them as a consumable part)

2 Likes

Have you extended the length of your axles? i.e. are the wheels on one truck further apart than standard?

No. That’s regular Matrix2 trucks with trampa hypa hubs, so no offset hubs or truck extensions.

Cool, as I wouldn’t know how the extra leverage force would effect the plates until I tested that scenario.

1 Like

I run trampa hypa hubs too!

1 Like

We have here quite some people who use offset hubs and/or extensions on Matrix2 trucks. I think the extension available add 20mm per side

3 Likes

First off, welcome to the forums!
I personally don’t know what these would offer me.
I get what they do, but I ride at 40mph+ jump, grind etc and have no issues with “pre-load” nore have
I ever heard of it being an issue. Maybe it is, just my experience so far.

I also don’t see why the stock plate cant be used to do the same adjustments.
Just add a rounded nut to the end of a bolt going through the trucks.
IE the tension rod, just put it through truck then add a rounded nut. The rounded nut would
sit into the hole in the plate for the original bolt. Now when we tighten the tension bolt with rounded nut.
The rounded nut presses into the plate and pushes it into the shock blocks.

Either way, I don’t see an issue or flaw with the Matrix II.
Yes there might be areas to improve as with anything but I can not agree that this
mod “fixes a flaw” thats over stepping imo.

All in all, welcome to the forums.

1 Like