MBS Matrix II Replacement 12mm axels?

Not sure if this is in the wrong place or not sorry if it is.

So as the title suggests I seem to have a bent axel on my Matrix II trucks, (see photo) I can’t seem to find anywhere that does replacement or aftermarket axels for them.

So is it possible to replace the axels and does someone make them? I’ve looked but can’t find anything.

Its possible, but not especially easy.

And AFAIK there is nobody offering a permanent supply of replacement axles. There was a dude in France who has made some stepped down axles to allow people to run urethane wheels, but i’ve never heard of a replacement 12mm axle.

For the amount of effort it would take to actually replace the axle, let alone find one, it’s gonna be far easier and probably cheaper to just replace the truck

1 Like

That’s what I thought would be the case, but thought no harm in asking.

Thanks for the detailed reply Pal

1 Like

A pain when it’s only had less than 100ks on the board

Without a doubt. Matrix III seem to be on the horizon tho, if you can wait…

It’s a weird one I only noticed once I put on a set of XCELL Apollo’s from a friend. Didn’t notice with the rockstars on it.

Only street ridden as well so nothing crazy at all.

Assembling my board I was trying to align my motor mounts when I discovered one of the axles on my brand new matrix 2 truck is very subtly bent downward (same side as yours). I havent even ridden the board yet, this was out of the box. The axle could have been pressed in just off by 1-2mm but it is enough to throw my pulley alignment out.

Yeah i had same issue. Luckily it was replaced under warranty for me through Fullsendelectric in Australia. Maybe u can get yours replaced too :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yeah exactly the same for me pointing down, wasn’t as noticeable with MBS Rockstar hubs on but as soon as I put the XCELL wheels on it stood out like a sore thumb.

Yeah I think I’m getting a replacement sent out.

2 Likes