MBS Axle/Hanger Tolerances

I will say I use the brake holes to mount my grab bar so they were a bit used, could be 0.5 mm longer

2 Likes

I got 35.25 and 35.44 on either side of my front truck

1 Like

Ok I think 28.5mm is the absolute minimum for the drives and that seems very unlikely and even then its not a disaster.

If I had my own hangers it would be exactly like Matrix 2 design with the brake hole and integrated speed ring on the axle. With the brake hole 28.5mm away from the start of the 12mm axle

1 Like

I have E-Toxx gear drives but they are about the same width (maybe 2mm more). 41mm in your drawing is the distance from the left edge of the drivetrain (housing) to the hub, right?

Here the track width compared to normal track width on Matrix II

It looks wide but max 6384 motors, in the pic are 6364.

The problem is the baseplate, it sticks way more out compared to Trampa

Here a 6384 motor which is close to the baseplate when tilting

This is not a problem with belt or chaindrive but with geardrive the motors are closer to the hanger.

3 Likes

Andys got 6384s on my gear drive, don’t think he can get much longer either.

yes 41mm is the overall thickness of the drive.

6374 sorry,

2 Likes

Aaah smart, I forgot that the angle is changable on your drives, that’s the solution :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yeah :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can you move the motors even higher from the ground?

2 Likes

Have to ask @Andy87

2 Likes

@Tamatoa that depends on your motor size, gearing and how much you expect the base plate to turn.
In the picture its 10/44 with 6374 motors and in this position even if you remove the shock blocks the base plate will not hot the motor.

As you will never squeeze the shock block that much in real life, you should be able to mount the motors one hole position more up.
For people riding without binding, you can definitely mount the motors more up than I did.

@moon I get measurements in the evening.

3 Likes

Thanks man

2 Likes

33mm

2 Likes

from outside bevel

from inside bevel

3 Likes

Lol glad you got those.
Need pulleys?

2 Likes

bump :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From a tolerance perspective (at least to professional machinists) the axles on MBS M2s and Trampa Infinity hangers are garbage.

I’ve seen a deviation of +/- .05mm on a single axle and I’ve yet to see a single axle that wasn’t out at least .02mm.

3 Likes

Yeah I know. It’s a shame that the only quality truck out there is the hypertruck and kalys

2 Likes

hoping we can add @3DServisas to that short list

7 Likes

qualitee

1 Like

Hopefully some of these are mine :slight_smile: will report back when I have some in hand.

3 Likes