MBS 9" wobble =(

People go 50mph on these babies.

Now that I have experience with knobbies I have no idea what you’d want them for speed wise. Unless you’re going 35mph eMTB off-road?

Didn’t think people went that fast on those haha

3 Likes

change to ems, if you can
you can change the shipping method here

=(

It was always like this when buying 4 tires.
Solution (approved by many and me): Buy 2 tires with free shipping, then buy another 2 and you get a parcel with 4 tires without shipping costs :+1:

5 Likes

this is good to hear, i ordered these a few days ago, hopefully they are well suited for 40mph.

These are sold under many different names (lots of copies). Always check if the embossed text nylon is visible somewhere along with a high psi rating.

But yes, those are the Qind(o) tires.

The main Amazon listing has always been legit and I can tell by hand feel from errant listings like eBay at this point.

@Skyart, while 50mph doesn’t balance them I believe, you should balance and slime them IMO

Don’t expect greatness out of unbalanced pnummies

1 Like

@rich since you’re a seasoned off-road baddass, would you suggest the knobby or non-knobby 8"s if I want to ride paved trails and dirt trails but nothing really crazy offroad?

1 Like

If it’s all terrain and not offroad then street tires are mostly fine. On my commuter I use 7" Evolve tires but I ride 90% of the time on concrete. Grass, hard packed dirt or any terrain are no problem as long as you don’t start to carve :laughing:. But gravel paths suck with street tires.

Knobby tires have better traction and are the winner for everything else except concrete. So I would decide depending on the usage.

On my MTB’s I never tried street tires because I only ride about 10% of the time on concrete. Within the last 3 years I had quite a lot tires and the worst were the chinese clones :man_shrugging:. They are hard as rock and chunked after some time, here a comparison:

I mean they are the cheapest and longest lasting tires I’ve ever had but also the most uncomfortable to ride. I guess they are flat proof, with thinner tires green slime is recommended.

Did you try to mount the hub without tire to the gear drive for comparison? For me it looks like maybe an assembling problem like @Venom121212 mentioned.

2 Likes

yeah no I did run it without the tire/hub only, it was fine. I’ll post a video momentarily for everyone

1 Like

Yeah you bought the hard as fuck ones. They have soft ones like the MBS too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PCTK1XZ

These are available under normal non plagued world circumstances.

Think they have a few legit listings on eBay right now.

200x50 dirt scooter tire

Can post pics of the ones I have on hand if you’d like. I think @DerelictRobot also has experience with them?

2 Likes

@Venom121212 @rich this should clear it up for you guys

4 Likes

I have ordered what I was told was hard shore, only to receive softies, and vice versa. It’s hard to know because the sources don’t give reliable manufacturing info that far down the distribution chain.

2 Likes

Yeah, but did you put any major ride time on each to be able to compare soft to hard scooter knobbies?

I believe the soft shore knobbies that can be found on Amazon by the same seller of the streets/hard knobbies would compare well to the MBS he’s talking about

:flushed:

1 Like

Only a couple of thousand miles on each type. I have bought 2 sets of hard shore and 5 sets of soft shore, if that’s telling. These were the tires I was using for my original Prototipo/Kaly geardrive Carver as my full-time commuter for 18 months or so at 1000 miles a month average. Tires + motors are my #1 consumable.

PS: I’ll send you an OSRR if you spill the dirt on your motor battle hardening techniques so I can skip the trial and error phase.

5 Likes

Does this minor discrepancy matter?

1 Like

That’s pretty small to make it wobble that much.

Can you grab the red circled part and rotate at all?

What happens if you set up the other wheel on that drive?

1 Like

try another tyre

yeah there’s a video of me running the motor to the wheel adapter only above

@moon
Here’s with a different tyre that’s much better centered. It still wobbles, which I think is due to that discrepancy I showed above. Any way I could fix that?