Maytech New Upgraded Outrunner Motor with Cooling Mesh

Yes, we got some feedbacks and ideas from Markus about our classic motors, to meet more demands, so we decided to upgrade our motors on the heat dissipation performance.
Thanks for Markus feedbacks and idea. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you. :blush:

2 Likes

Looks as promised so far :slight_smile: Will try to play around with then in vesctool abit eventually.

I took three ppl to pry the can of the stator, the magnetic coupling between stator and magnets are the strongest Ive experienced so far :sweat_smile: (which neacesarly isnt good or bad)

6 Likes

Be cool if they put some holes and mesh on the other side as well and the side they have the mesh is where the air wants to exit from with centrifugal force but there’s no inlet.

And the mesh holes smaller and looks bigger than the airgap thickness

I gave up trying to yank mine open for a photo session. Glad someone was able to get some internal pics

Not good to see the metal shield bearing, specially now since the mesh lets dirt get into the motor and into the bearing

2 Likes

Also with that mesh added it’s about time they moved the sensor PCB to the other end of the motor to protect it and the sensor wires…

1 Like

I bet the mesh barely cools the motor. I did tests with a similar design. I doubt there’s any airflow going to really happen. With drillings on the other side and maybe even a scoop there too and then it’s the real deal.

1 Like