Maytech new 200amp fan cooled vesc

How freakin big is it…hold my beer trampa you haven’t seen big.

4 Likes

Holy shit. You’ll need a triple stack enclosure to fit that thing :rofl:

6 Likes

I think they built it expecting to be able to push 200 amps soon discovered it thermally saturated after a few minutes to save face they offer it with a after market 12v ubec and PC fan. Problem solved…maybe they should stick to motors.

6 Likes

Well… 200A ? Yeah… similar to the 15000 W RMS Stereos from China…

1 Like

They claim 12 kilowatts constant so in theory with 2 of these and 2 100mm motors it would be possible to build a 24 killowatt esk8 Or 32 British HP or 32 freedom units for all you Walmart shoppers.

4 Likes

I mean… with good cooling a lot of things are possible… but these numbers are for sure under laboratory conditions

1 Like

Love their ad too…
Got a picture of a bad ass electric mountainboard which is clearly… NOT running their esc :rofl:

4 Likes

The shunts shown in the image can measure 160A peak reliably and that is the where a seamless operation ends, since the VESC FW needs accurate current readings to do the real time computation for reliable FOC operation.

3 Likes

Do you expect pictures that they made themselves or even that really show their product from a chinese manufacturer ?

grafik

4 Likes

Damnnn it is big, but it is perfect for larger go cart builds, ebikes, or maybe even some mountain boards pushing 80xxx can motors. Or maybe backpack builds :laughing:
Of course it would need to be tested, but looks awesome.

2 Likes

I am still waiting for the first watercooled build with radiators etc.
I was into computer water cooling back when it was cool (in the late 90’s).

At least they are not stupid enough to try and sell it with a single xt90 clone attached, what’s that burning smell?

2 Likes

So in the Video I have no Sound and no nothing - What is the video supposed to show us ?
There are also no measurements or anything that would justify 200A.
And the website is down for me too…
grafik

This is a repackage of their 200A efoil ESC. That has the advantage of water cooling. I looked into building a electric surfboard and the Jets use up to 160Amps. I just don’t see a real market for this halved baked tech. I would like to see the Antispark circuit if it’s anything like the other maytechs A/S it will blow on the first ride.

I was definitely interested in building an efoil too but I think it’s a lot easier to get by than you think. You only need about 35-40 amps to get enough lift for your board to leave the water: https://youtu.be/M3WKY2HcTss
Also there always is efoil.builders too for that.

Cant say ive had a single issue with my maytech antisparks… Have a dual 6374 build with 100amp maytechs and my wife’s scooter has a 100amp esc as well, also no issues. You mustve had some bad luck.