Maytech 6396 motor

I know which one is better, I just want to read an unbiased third party review :smirk:

5 Likes

I have a great idea.

Just run them 4WD

1 Like

Ohh… you would think that’s a great ideaaaa…
But…
:eyes:
It don’t matter they will still overheat … ask me how I know :smirk::eyes:

2 Likes

Bah

Would never happen to me, just have to try it out…

logs of that would be interesting.

1 Like

I got some 96’s if you want em lol

2 Likes

Fakkkk I had so many logs :eyes:. Lemme not be lazy n fix the last motor so I don’t die … n I gets MoAR logs :call_me_hand::doughnut:

1 Like

Remember guys. 25 motor amps max :rofl:

3 Likes

I think they said 20 :unamused:. … I jus want ppl to blow their shit :sleepy::eyes:

1 Like

@Eileen. What’s going on here.

I bought 8 of them and you didn’t warn me last week.

6 Likes

Yeah. That’s definitely an interesting way to spell 20a lol

2 Likes

It’s Simple You got fucked

2 Likes

So maybe I need to cut my losses and quit with maytech. That’s cold ass shit

6 Likes

Yiiiikes!

2 Likes

To be fair. All other motors are good.
Even the ones Lacroix uses for Nazare and lonestar :rofl:

2 Likes

I smell groupbuy

1 Like

I’m running them at 100A I’ll let you know if they die

2 Likes

The MT’s I have are 190kv and the TB’s are 170 so it’s not apples to apples. I went with the MT’s because I liked that big support bearing and was tired of taking the cans off to clean out debris.

Nah brother. They won’t die.
100a is what I ran mine at when I had a Nazare. They did just good but tbh. Never really paid attention to motor temp :rofl:

3 Likes

In college when I was winding.my own wye outrunners, I took a blowtorch to magnets and it takes only so much heat before the strength of neodymium disappeared. 380 I think. Forgot. But they immediately just loose it.

Maybe 280f

2 Likes

Running 80A with the motor faceplate mod and big bearing removed (risky can/shaft wise, I know) I top out at 60’C, which is pretty good. :smiley: One hit might compromise the motor can very hard though. Risk/reward. :laughing:

1 Like