Maytech 6374 Bearing replacement help.

I accidentally destroyed my motor bearings by pushing the gear of my Etoxx gear drive to strong on the axle. It worked fine for 5km but then the noise got worse and worse. The drive is fine but the motor makes very bad bearing noises.

Im not 100% sure were i can push on when removing the bearings without damaging the motor.

Is it okay to push on the little black edge? (red arrow)

My plan is to put it in a vice and push the bearing trough with a long screw or tool.

Do you know the name / type of bearing for the New maytech 6374?

Any tipps for bearing replacement are appreciated.

2 Likes

You probably want to take off that big shiny nut with the two flat sides, it holds the hall sensor pcb in place and get that pcb out of the way first.

Never replaced motor bearings, no idea how to get it out. Not sure if they are just pressed in or glued as well. Gonna be a bitch to take out regardless.

If you get it out, you can either read the bearing code from it, or measure it and look up here.

3 Likes

I managed to get them out without having to put force near the Sensor Board.

Now I can try to find new ones. Ty tor the link.

6 Likes

I replaced the bearings and the motor sounds like new again. Make sure to get good bearings like NSK. I first bought cheap one buck bearings but they sounded bad right after pressing them in so I threw them out again and got good ones.

You need:
2times: 10x15x4 6700zz
1time: 10x19x5 6800zz

I 3d printed some spacer things that fit on a long screw to help me press them in while only pressing on the outside of the bearing.
If you need the STL let me know.

8 Likes

Take a wrench and unbolt the metal part on the sensor side, then you can take out both
Lol this is from '14

4 Likes

Whoops. I did not know that. Well now the new ones are in and everything is fine.

1 Like

Hey mate, goin through the same thing…do you still have that STL lying around. thanks

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. I hope its still useful.
Lager presse 15mm Loch (1).stl (50.5 KB)
Lager presse 19mm Loch (1).stl (50.5 KB)

1 Like

Cheers mate, got through it but will come in handy next time

1 Like

Jeeez them bearings are flimsy tiny buggers… wire trick was a good 'un

Now to find some good replacement bearings… Not having any luck on SKF or NTN quality bearings ; at least not those two small sizes :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

turns out that the RC world , cars and planes etc., use these small bearings. I have found the two 6700 ZZ ones in a ceramic quality, costing 10 bucks a piece… the "normal’ 6700 ZZ 's i found online all cost around $1,- (!?)

The 6800 ZZ is a more common one. I found SKF, NTN and NSK’s. I went for NSK from a guy on Ebay here in Germany; asking $10 a piece. Bargain :money_mouth_face: as most businesses here ask 16 to 20 (a piece)!

I wonder which are used in the eskate motors… :smirk:

I kept mine dry , never rode in the wet , and have done a couple of thousand miles on them… on 1 buck bearings (?) … who would have thought :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have the similar motors on my Nazaré, the 6389s and they have the same bearings.
I found all bearings by SKF and I needed to change some twice.
I once tried to remove these very small fuckers in a motor and they disintegrated on me.
One outer race is still stuck in that motor for I could not get it out.
At one point I said fuck it and bought a new motor.
The old one is making those weird bearing noises again, I may have to get back to that one.
All in all, a bearing change on those fuckers is annoying at least.
Especially because you have to open the enclosure and unplug the motor to change the auxiliary bearing.

1 Like

I used -2RS & ZZ from Amazon, both pretty cheap. They’ve held up perfectly fine w/no significant detriments.

I think if I had to choose at this point, I would stick to just -2RS.

1 Like