Matrix 2 vs Hypertrucks?

Thank you so much for this :pray:

3 Likes

Matrix 2 trucks are cast, hyper trucks are milled. Hyper trucks are hands down stronger.

4 Likes

Are the hypertrucks wider?
What about weight?

3 Likes

Hypertrucks are heavier and wider

4 Likes

I appreciate the Matrix over the Hypertrucks for carving.

4 Likes

Neither. Buy 3Dservisas fb 320s It’s all I’ve got to say :man_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Keep in mind if this is your plan. You’ll need to carry different belts as well and or have motor mounts with idlers so you can adjust belt tension.

I had a similar plan on a build and was going to keep 62 teeth pulleys on my rear wheels and like 42 on the front wheels. Then I could just switch my wheels from the rear to the front, so you’re not dealing with pulling motor pulleys off.

3 Likes

Another thing I haven’t seen anybody mention that should be important, the hyper trucks are super wide and won’t fit on some Trails. they are Street Carver trucks, not really off road trucks.

4 Likes

Oh yeah. 3Dservisas also offers fb300 for trampa baseplates. Probably more suitable for trail riding and stronger than trampa trucks I bet

2 Likes

I’ll have to look into those :blush:

2 Likes

Its a shame their gear ratios are so whack.

1 Like

Lmao. Whose? 3Dservisas?
What’s a good gear ratio according with most?

1 Like

I believe the max they offer is 1:4.2, I’d want 1:5 or 1:6

5 Likes

@Taraskasyanyuk this is a good thread thanks but for the money it’s matrix 2 and then 3d

2 Likes

You can run 12:72 belts easily, there’s your 1:6

2 Likes

Straight cut hd drives offer 4,4.5 and 5:1 ratios. Currently running a set of 4:1 on those And the work great.

4:1 hits the sweet spot for me.

4 Likes

Yeah this is helping me, keep it going y’all :laughing:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t recommend going down to 12T, when I tried it broke belts all the time

2 Likes

It’s hard to beat $590 for a set of hd gear drives with trucks “shipping to the states included”
Belt drives will be a little cheaper but not by that much

3 Likes

Those whine like crazy tho, I’d rather have helicals.

I believe we were talking about gear drives :grin:

3 Likes