Matrix 2 vs Hypertrucks?

Title says it all, but I’m working on a new build and seem to be stuck between the two. For those that have experienced both, what are some pros and cons and is one better overall? Or is there one I should consider that’s not the two?

2 Likes

Would help much to tell us which kind of board you want to build.

1 Like

I want a mix between a great mountain board and one that can handle high speeds on the street.

I have a flux deck ordered.

Thinking a 16s battery with a stormcore 100D.

6380 TB motors.

1 Like

@CiscoV

Also are the TB6380 rated for 16s?

3 Likes

Glad I have this forum to answer these questions :rofl:

No idea.

3 Likes

Wait no they’re rated for 12 :frowning:. So will have to go with a different motor

1 Like

No :rofl: can I ask why you want 16s?

Lmao. So I’ll need motor recommendations as well :joy:

1 Like

I’m just gonna put this out there and I’ve told many other people but there’s a huuuge difference between mountain boards(eMTB) and our AT boards (pneumatic street boards). Flux deck and hypertrucks are not eMTB. It’s an AT board. Even if you slapped on some MBS trucks, it still would not be a mountain board. It’s a certain deck and enclosure combination that make it eMTB

10 Likes

Yeah that’s what I figured. I originally wanted to do a trampa deck with a top mount battery, but realized I do a lot of street as well. So trying to do a hybrid that can handle both very nicely.

2 Likes

Problem is anything with a bottom mount battery can’t really be a real mtb.

Not to mention the torque differences needed between the two.

5 Likes

So I guess I’ll switch up the wording. I want an AT board with a 16s and roughly 6:1 ratio that will give me good torque for trails but also the speed for street, even if I have to switch out a motor pulley to get more top speed when I’m doing more street.

Question is, which one would handle both better in terms of trucks?

3 Likes

To answer your question, Matrix 2

3 Likes

Aweaomeee, they are a little cheaper too :joy:

Does oil slick add anything besides being pretty?

2 Likes

3ds hangers is what I’d use :stuck_out_tongue: then it’s your choice to use trampa or mbs baseplates

3 Likes

Zero haha. Not stronger or anything.

2 Likes

I wanted a mountain board for my first build. I decided that having my feet strapped to something at 30ish mph, was too dangerous. And also, that I enjoyed carving over smooth surfaces much more than bumpy dirt and grass trails. Those bindings came off after one ride. Lol. The flux deck is a great choice. Also, 12s is plenty of power man. It’s a thoroughly tested steup. Anything after that is more or less experimental.

5 Likes

It adds a bigger hole in your wallet

4 Likes

True, I probably should build a death with :joy:

1 Like

tenor (5)

Also. Maybe something like I have might interest You.
Little bit more capable of off road than your usually atb and still hits 35 nicely. Total roadhog

5 Likes