Maribyrnong Cruiser | BN220 or BN270 rkp | 12s4p p42a | Maker-x d60 | Eovan 105 / MBS 6” | IDEA + brackets| BN mount | flipsky vx4 | Eboosted

Its about to happen all over again!

1 Like

Soon my new stage of redesign will begin :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Idea deck swap done. Looks super hot now!

6 Likes

Man is that full length of the motor wires :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I like to mount the motors with the phase wires pointing directly at the hanger on those mounts, makes them a little easier to manage. Looking good tho!

1 Like

Yes i was thinking to do this also and move the mounts slightly higher also as i can now. I’ve intentionally avoided undoing drive train while i test board then i can also add some grip tape. Im also swapping out supplied flat head bolts on brackets for stainless button ones as the alloy seems weak.

Went for a 15km ride and the board is perfect! I have a decent amount of flex for me to handle the hard rubber wheels which are nice and balanced. Last ride with my pneumatics i shredded a tyre with torque of a 72t pulley so now i have a preference for solid tyres. So far it was about 50% of rides ended in a flat.

The 220mm hanger is a great size for handling.

Tom from @IDEA makes an awesome product.

4 Likes

It looks great. What battery enclosure did you use?
How big is the battery? what type of ESC?

12s4p p42a with eboosted universal 2 enclosure, makerx d60 and a small bms. I had to glue foam to the board for the sections around both ends but it the rest of the enclosure has 1 layer or foam tape ane another of adhesive car window foam. Works well but was a job getting adhesive for foam, i used hot glue in the end. With the front on max extension the bracket sat infront of the battery. The back bracket fitted over the d60.

4 Likes

Found makerx Bluetooth hell dodgy and I had no battery meter so trying out flipsky vx4. Not as linear as Hoyt puck but maybe that’s okay tradeoff?

I’d take dodgy bluetooth over dodgy remote, but thats just me!

It’s for science! Puck is just not up to it in the modern world of newer colourful and featured remotes, I want battery status, faults, speed and kms. No cut outs on vx4 so far so the key dodgy bit seems okay.
I wish Hoyt would do a mk2 with telemetry. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The thing i don’t understand about the vx4 is why it doesn’t read the vesc settings for it’s telemetry. Its annoying having to set everything in vesc tool and then set the exact same shit into the remote as well

2 Likes

Is this specific to the VX4? I was under the impression that most if not all telemetry remotes needed this.
(Of course I definitely agree it would be a nicer solution)

1 Like

To be honest i don’t actually know.

1 Like

Id be going the 125mm solids over any evolve wheel if you want more clearance (for multiple reasons)

1 Like

Agreed the solids are are the ones I’ve ended up using. They are truely excellent wheels, however mine are 105 which now measure 100mm and not the 115’s.120mm would be ideal.

1 Like