MakeShift Boards

Whats that nuttt :smirk:

Never seen one of those, is it also a locking system?

1 Like

I’d be willing to sell them, but I’m not sure how much demand there’d be for these standalone. They’re using 26mm bearings and it’s not a kegel core. They will fit with the pulleys I’ve designed.

2 Likes

Yes, those a split top locking nuts. The tines are bent inwards and flex out when fully tightened.

1 Like

Hmmmmmm i like that! Do these exist in metric and stainless?

Truck bolts and cups rust like a disease in the netherlands with all that water and moisture.

1 Like

They do indeed! https://www.mcmaster.com/94235A113/ for steel, and https://www.mcmaster.com/94560A100/ for stainless.

2 Likes

Oooooooh maybe ill order there! But im from the EU so ill have to look elsewhere first.

2 Likes

Heya, long time no see.

Big updates on the motor:

• (relatively) sealed motors. additional testing needed.
  • Ferrofluid cooling
  • continuous shaft (no eclip groove between motor and pulley)
  • thin section bearing to support motor bell
  • 50mm x 60.5mm
  • Chromed out (for now, depends on reception)
  • HFI compatible, sensorless (yes I’ve tested)
  • 160 KV

Other stuff:

• CNC’d trucks (matching front and rear)
  • 6061 T6 aluminum
  • anodized black
  • Class 10.9 kingpin
  • Alloy steel shoulder bolts for shafts
  • locking setscrew for axles
  • 90mm wheels
  • Larger (and wider set) 10x26x8 bearings
  • 26 : 60 ratio
  • 15mm wide 3M GT3 belts (rated higher than HTD 5M)

Everything is metric.

Oh, and the last 2 photos are a mockup of a future battery system. Will not be in the first product release.

Enjoy:

8 Likes

Why choose shoulder bolts over axles?

1 Like

I wanted guaranteed material performance which you can easily get with mass produced shoulder bolts that come with material certificates. While axles would be possible, it would also cost more and likely be a custom part and thus be more prone to failing quality standards. These are also 10mm shoulders.

2 Likes

I agree with all that. Which is why I turn and thread the ends of a shoulder bolt. Quality guaranteed at a decent price

5 Likes

I dont even esk8 anymore but damn I need these motors :flushed:

What other purposes are esk8 motors useful for…?

@TowerCrisis how much ferrofluid will you use per motor? Im sure you have read the write up the statoraide guys did with their own product, but if not its worth a read :slight_smile: (trying to find the article now…)

Nope it was just a part of a video on their youtube smh

4 Likes

There’s a sweet spot between so much that it bogs the motor down at low RPM and so little that it loses contact at higher RPM.

It’s certainly something I’ll have to toy around with. Maybe different “models” with different amounts like a high efficiency version and a higher power version. Regardless, the stuff is pretty thin so I haven’t noticed any excess drag yet.

4 Likes

Electric weedwacker. Dont ask.

2 Likes

You have a great point… my father has a Ryobi one, and although I cant comment on whether its comparatively good or bad, it makes me want to tear my hair out.

Could be a fun project

2 Likes

I picked up a 2-stroke weedwacker a while back with a bad motor, had the intention of trying a vesc swap lol. Never got around to it.

Sorry for the off topic. I really like the larger bearing core on your wheels @TowerCrisis, I think that we severely over-tax skateboard bearings on most builds.

4 Likes