MakerX simple Anti-spark switch

The post you’re referring to, I think, is

There isn’t a magic trick to make it work without a precharge, if you turn it on slowly enough it can prolong the life of the FETs. But ideally a precharge (all-digital) is better.

2 Likes

Page 11 :). I learned first hand that precharge circuits actually cause RESISTORS to fail.

Also, to all antispark designers, please for THE LOVE OF GOD use high side switching.

So many f—ing fires have happened because of that lowside switch garbage.
It one of the many reasons why CAN bus explodes.

3 Likes

@b264 Yes, that’s exactly it. Thank you.
Also, another thing that I notice about these switches is that they are double stacked PCB. Maybe the secret sauce is sandwiched in the middle.

It can’t be, because it would get hot and need to radiate heat.

What do you mean by double stacked?

You seem very educated in the subject , why not make one yourself?

also this https://easyeda.com/editor#id=|602dc2b7711e4c16b88d2f5de19e1ff6|42d88dfcf3ce4bfd8d401d1ee3b6d229|0de2667950c84b919473f754356c5827

Smart switch is in the pipeline.

3 Likes

So did you update the PCB to allow for a higher wattage smd resistor? BTW, please consider creating a thread here on it. Would be nice for this forum.

2 Likes

Use through hole resistors.

I will update the PCB accordingly.

Actually, if you’re going to have PCBs made, just use the high side switch.

Less headache.

3 Likes

@Dareno It’s thick. Look’s like two pieces of G10 glued together. I was looking at this one next to the Flispky and that was just a difference that I noticed. It’s probably nothing. Also, there isn’t a heatsink and the thing never seems to get hot. Baffling.

1 Like

I don’t know about you guys but I’ve been using and making my own switches and I run it at 13s and go over 100A all the time, 4-5k+ miles and still going strong.

Sent one to @Skunk but if anyone else wants to try to kill one I’d be happy to share

2 Likes

The thing that kills antispark switches usually isn’t voltage or continuous current, it’s the amount of capacitance on the load.

Well then, I’ve got 3x 2200 uf capacitors and whatever is on 2 focboxes on that build, I don’t know whats keeping my antispark alive but it works

3 Likes

https://www.ebmakers.com/

welcome!

1 Like

Can I send you my new smart antispark for product verification :p.

2 Likes

You can, I’ll do my best to kill it :grinning:

4 Likes

Just don’t hook up more than 15mF of capacitance to the output :p.

Also it doesn’t have a push button is that ok.

2 Likes

I have a board that is for testing. I swap stuff in and out all the time. Currently I have a FS 420 plus with 12s4p.

2 Likes

Ah ok.

The dimensions of the first prototype are 51mm x 38mm. Would that be too big?

Do you need a pushbutton? If so I can bodgewire in one.

When I did my tests I didnt bother with a pushbutton.

Also, did you bypass the antispark on the 4.20 plus?

I have room for that. I can wire in a switch, just include the schematic please. I’ll bypass the internal AS or I’ll swap in a couple of FocBox’s. I’m happy to test within your criteria.

2 Likes