Maker-X remote with lights control [Serious]

MAKERX REMOTE update: Support for the latest version of VESC firmware!

1 Like

@YUTW123
I need that new firmware for the remote and a short instruction note. Asap. Got the old one

Can confirm that it works with latest vesc fw. Seamlessly. Havnt gotten to the lights part yet.

2 Likes

Do you happen to know if it comes with a proper case yet? Last I heard it was still 3d Printed… @YUTW123

1 Like

No Idea, its SLA printed tho, just one layer of paint and ur good

1 Like

Anyone using the remote experienced latency? I think I went through all the settings and nothing helped, the reaction time in the motors is somewhat off by around 1.5 seconds.

@YUTW123 does the main battery need to be connected on the DC-in 6-60V port for the battery reading on the remote to work? I can get all the other readings like speed, distance, voltage but battery is always zero?
EDIT: just managed to figure out how to enter the remotes settings and got the right readings now - would it be possible to send screenshot of the manual since I didn’t get one?

also @Komamtb I had to reduce the deadband quite a lot from 15% to 3% so not sure if that is contributing to the latency?

wat… nonono. The vesc reports all the data to the reciever, its possible that you need to upgrade your remotes fw. You also need to set correct bat settings in the tool etc.

There is some data coming from the vesc like voltage, just I had to set the remote settings like series count, wheel size, etc to match what was in the app config - not really sure how to update the remote fw though?

did you setup your battery settings in the wizard? like 12S 10Ah f.e

Yes, everything was set up in vesc tool beforehand and I was using that on the phone to compare with the readings on the remote

You need to enter the remote control settings and set the number of battery strings.

1 Like

Another leftie here :slight_smile:

Might be interested as well.

1 Like

Did you @YUTW123 stop selling remotes? I just stumbled on the video and I love the form factor and ability to control lighting.

It’s a freeRChobby remote that makerx just branded and resold. You can still get them, but it’s hard to make it worth it just buying one considering it’s a pretty chinsy remote that could really use a more robust shell at the very least.

5 Likes